My Journey

My Journey although not ended yet I will have to change shortly to a different route. When I started this journey my blood sugar was averaging 18 to 19 my average now is around 5.
My weight was 16 Stone 3 Lbs it is now 12 Stone 2 Lbs my goal was 12 stone, which would just about get me into the right Bmi, now I am wondering would it be better for me to go to 11 stone 7 Lbs to put me more into the middle range of my Bmi?
On the LCHF lifestyle I was on 30 to 50 carbs a day and as you can see it worked brilliantly! Now I am wondering to put the brake on my weight loss and maintain my weight at 12 Stone or maybe 11 stone 7 Lbs what do I need to do? Thanks

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss.

Why not drop to 11st 7 and give yourself a maintenance range of 7 lbs, up to 12st.

When maintaining it is good to have a range rather than a set weight as weight varies day to day.
    As soon as your weight starts nudging up to the top of your goal you can just cut back a little to keep within your range.

When you do switch to maintenance your weight will go up a little because of exter water and food being digested. This will even out in a couple of weeks.

Cheers, h.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Personally I would stop at 12st, work out your maintenance calories and then re-evaluate after a few months.
    Remember what you decide now doesn't have to be forever.

I did the same thing as my initial goal of 12st 7lbs turned out to be my perfect weight in my 20's but not my 50's!
    In the end I dropped another 11lbs but after a couple of years I've moved back up to 12st as I've added a bit of muscle. That puts me near the top of the "healthy" BMI range.

As @middlehaitch says you do need an acceptable range for maintenance. Or alternatively treat 12st as your upper acceptable limit. Well done on transforming your health.