Run 150 miles in 30 days

Options
kirstyfitbit
kirstyfitbit Posts: 2 Member
Hi i am 28 and i have been running for not very long. However, i do feel fit. I can run at a pace of 7.5 and i have ran for 30 mins. I could go furthur but i have never tested myself to see how long i can actually run
I am also dieting to lose 14 kilos before christmas and i am currently on the 8 week blood sugar diet...not because i am diabetic but because it restricts your calorie consumption to 800 a day and thenfood is amazing.
Good look to everyome else setting their challenges

Replies

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hi @kirstyfitbit
    Congrats on running for 30 minutes - once you get to that point, you will be able to increase your time, if that's what you air for.

If you want to set a running distance goal, you can also come and join us in the Monthly running challenge - lots of running company there :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The blood sugar diet (VLCD) is not a doctor assisted calorie plan for you? Also, if your title is correct, you want to run 150 miles in the next 30 days? This can be quite dangerous for a new runner that is running a couple of miles a day. In theory a person should only up distance at at around 10% - 15% per week. Running this much volume and intensity is sure to produce instances overuse/over reaching and will be quite taxing on the body and moreover at only 800 calories a day. I am not sure that I can see that this is enough nutrition.

How is food at 800 calories a day on this diet amazing?