Switched from Sedentary to lightly active - right thing?

Options
Hi all - So I have moved myself to lightly active, as I think I do move more.. now my cals have gone up and I just looking some reassurance I have done the right thing! I am a mum to a 5yr old and we are always playing, walking etc I am not a coach potato - I work 10 hrs a week from a desk but thats it... lighty active sound about right?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yes. Then you can adjust.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Try it for a few weeks and see how your weight loss is affected. If you're still losing weight at a good rate then you're good. If not, then adjust. As you lose weight you need to adjust anyway, because you're burning fewer calories since you have less mass.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Try it for a few weeks and see how your weight loss is affected. If you're still losing weight at a good rate then you're good. If not, then adjust. As you lose weight you need to adjust anyway, because you're burning fewer calories since you have less mass.

This is the right advice. All the numbers in MFP are estimates. What matters is results. If you achieve the results you want while eating the calories that MFP estimates you need with your activity set at "lightly active," then carry on. If you find that you stall, or are losing more slowly than you want, then set it back to sedentary.
  • famjam2016
    famjam2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Makes total sense, thanks everyone