This is probably my 200th time trying to lose weight & I'm now heavier than ever. Time for change!

Options
2»

Replies

• RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Beyond the thought that "diet" is a temporary thing you do to lose weight... start thinking of diet as what you do to feed the biological machine that houses your consciousness... and how you fuel your physical activity... diet is not about control... it isn't about deprivation, or reward, or a necessary evil. diet is what you put into your mouth to survive... focus on quality and balance do your research on what YOU require to achieve balance... then move inthat direction.
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    45 Minutes of basketball ended up with me feeling like I was going to die, red face, sweat all over! Probably managed only a couple baskets out of a lot of attempts but better than nothing, and I was more active than I would have been just sitting at home watching TV!
  • joshgalloway22
    joshgalloway22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've got exact same problem
  • briggsykim
    briggsykim Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Add me, I can totally identify! I have gained and lost a few hundred lbs over the years. It's my life long struggle.
  • cdurham1102
    cdurham1102 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I'm right with you.I need all the help and support I can get. My Dr is giving me 2 months to start losing weight to see if I have to be put on stronger bp medicine. Add me please.
  • sutt0117
    sutt0117 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You got this!!!
  • Zep1234
    Zep1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me:) I'm in the same boat so I totally understand. I'm going slow and steady... have 40 to lose. My problem is consistency. Need to keep the eye on the prize, feeing healthy!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    LOL! Sometimes I say I've lost 1500lbs...and it's only a slight exaggeration...my goal this time is to keep tweaking my food plan, activities, exercise, and sleep hygiene until it's "just the way I do things". I figure that way I will be able to sustain it. Good luck on your journey!
  • Zep1234
    Zep1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Buy a hula-hoop. Put some headphones on and rock out! It's great exercise.
  • Debbish1
    Debbish1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, I have FINALLY found my answer, high fat low carb ! I already lost 80 lbs on quick weight loss , where you pay a million dollars and they put you on a diet plan.but then I found the lbs coming back on. Story of my life, lose weight, gain it back plus more! It all comes down to the fact that sugar (carbs too) are addictive. So I studied about hflc and took the plunge. First important thing I did was give up things slowly, or else my brain would fight me. First I gave up gluten. That was great because my migraine went away. Then I was eating organic foods, still gaining weight!! Eating fruit, organic oatmeal,basmati rice,etc. So after studying hflc, I started it. I cut down on sugars next, and then bamm!! For 2 weeks I ate all the meat,cheese,bacon,butter fried avacado (delicious!!)that I wanted. After 2 weeks, I started to watch my cagonies. Since October I have dropped 20 lbs and only have 7 more to lose. I feel great!! No desire to eat cookies, potatoes and other sugary foods. I have so much energy !!! I eat good food. Organic grass bf from Walmart, organic spring mix from Walmart. I use real butter, heavy cream, I make zucchini noodles from real zucchini and top it with olive oil and parses an cheese and garlic. A great person to learn from is Stephanie Person. She is my guru. I was a sugar addict!! Cookies, cake frosting, pizza, all of it!! I don't want it anymore. That is a miracle. I hope this helps. Excess sugar turns to fat. If one orange has 22 grams of sugar, our body can only handle about 4 grams of that sugar, so our body takes the other 18 grams sugar and stores it as fat!! It is a myth that we need all that fruit. We can get the same vitamins and minerals from bone marrow soup. Fruits are made to be much sweeter these days, and desserts were eaten only on special occasions. We are on super overload. That is why all the cancer,diabetes etc.
  • jenidallas
    jenidallas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You've got this! The best thing about this app is the support you will gain and the tools you'll have at your fingertips to make better choices and figure out what works for you. Add friends too that share your goals (feel free to be friends with me!) and use them as a sounding board for nth your good and bad days!

I'm almost 90 days in (almost 60 on this app) and in the same boat as many of you. I was complaining about my constant foot pain to my doctor who said "it's your weight... and you are going to end up disabled if you don't lose weight". He challenged me to lose 10% of my body weight over the next six months.

I sought the help of a physician specializing in weight loss and I'm working with his team (including a nutritionist and psychologist) and I'm going to be excited to walk into my doctors office in 8 days having lost the first 10% in three months (not six) which will put me just over 25% of my goal of losing at least 100 pounds.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Same situation but a disc injury has me finally realizing if I do not do it this time and dig myself out of the mess I made my body.. I'm gonna die literally. Very determined to make this time the last time

What might be helpful is if you look at this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. The problem with diets is that when they end, the weight creeps (or leaps!) back on.

A lifestyle change is permanent. :)