Coffee/caffeine makes me sleepy. You?

Options
hydnj
hydnj Posts: 2 Member
Does coffee/caffeine make anyone else sleepy?

Why is this? That some people caffeine does not work? Is 200mg once or twice a day too much?

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even begin to imagine this. I typically drink 6-10 cups daily and yes, I can drink a cup and go directly to sleep, after years of this level of intake. But it's never made me sleepy.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Do you mean an hour or two after you drink it? Yup, it's happening to me right now. It doesn't perk me up much, and I crash pretty hard.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it can make me sleepy, even energy drinks.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Nope. Has no effect on my energy levels. Doesn't give, nor take my energy.
  • OfficialDSXIII
    OfficialDSXIII Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Coffee has me twitching, but soda does make me sleepy. Probably the sugar in it causing a crash. I don't get sleepy from diet sodas.

I don't think 200mg is too much per day depending on your size, but personally I wouldn't get used to it either. Take some time off of it or 200mg will start to feel like 10mg.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've had the same thing with coffee (also it tastes like hot trash). Have you tried energy drinks or preworkout? I've found that different ones affect me differently.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    When I'm very tired it can feel like caffeine makes me sleepy, just because I don't notice the buzz so much and then crash hard afterwards. Are you getting enough sleep?
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I can't get myself together in the morning - unless I drink coffee. So no...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    When I'm very tired it can feel like caffeine makes me sleepy, just because I don't notice the buzz so much and then crash hard afterwards. Are you getting enough sleep?

I've had this happen too, especially late in the day. Normally I perceive the opposite, though.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Before I got sick (ms) I could drink coffee and get energized. Now it does absolutely nothing. I try to go to the gym 5 days a week and I have felt so much better. I still have fatigue but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    I couldn't even begin to imagine this. I typically drink 6-10 cups daily and yes, I can drink a cup and go directly to sleep, after years of this level of intake. But it's never made me sleepy.

This. I am wondering if something else is affecting your feeling of sleepiness. I drink at least 64 oz of caffeinated coffee every day. I log it with my breakfast as part of my daily plan.