I need a lot of help lol

Options
drbuzzard91
drbuzzard91 Posts: 1,205 Member
I am starting a new program and need help with a food plan. Part of my problem is that if i dont have a set food schedule I know I wont keep it. I need help with making a food plan that in cooperates 6 meals a day, being 340 calories,31 grams of protein with 5 carbs give or take. I I know its a lot but if anyone has any meals they have made in the past or has a meal plan that resembles that, it would be much obliged.

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't pay as much attention to macros besides staying under my carb goal. That being said, my meals are usually pretty simple because 1. It's easier to cook and 2. It's easier to log and know how many calories I'm consuming,

I make shredded taco chicken in the crock pot quite often (just chicken breasts and a jar of salsa). You shred the chicken. I usually eat the shredded chicken meat topped with some peppers and onions that I "steamed" in chicken broth. No tortilla or she'll. I am usually at about 300-400 calories for the meal depending on how much chicken I take. I bet you could play with this and add more chicken/less veggies to get higher protein and less carbs. That's the only meal prep thing that I do that would probably work for you! I do shredded beef sometimes in the crock pot cooked with 7 up and that's pretty fantastic too, but no carbs there!

I think the recipe builder would be a helpful tool to use And help determine how to shape your meals!

Good luck!!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Six meals at 340 calories is hard. Why does your plan require you to eat all day long?
    It might be easier to measure /weigh and cook three meals at 700 calories so that you store in portions.
    Cook meat with low carb veggies:
    1. Pork chops, sirloin, ny strip, salmon, tofu, eggs, some dairy (has carbs), bacon, sausage, dark meat chicken.
    with
    2. dill pickles and olives (low carb items)
    with
    3. greens, cucumbers, eggplant, squash, asparagus, green beans,
    with
    4. various gravies and sauces with butter and other oils, low carb salad dressings like buttermilk and ranch.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Is 6 meals a day the way you like to eat or do you think it gives some kind of metabolic benefit? (It doesn't)

Also is there a reason you believe each meal must have similar macros? You may find it easier to hit your macros across the day (again timing of macro consumption is minutiae and really not relevant for most people eg non-professionals)

Not being picky, just trying to help make it easier for you
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    2000 calories a day..what kind of cut from TDEE is that?

Also 186g protein? Why so much
    30g carbs? So you're looking at low carb high fat? Look at the keto group for ideas
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Make sure 2040 calories is right for your height and weight. What have you set your weight goal to, and what calorie number did MFP give you? Ditch that program. It will do nothing for you but create frustration. There is no need to pick any particular macro split. Go for a mix that is natural to you, something that tastes like food and feels like normal eating. It's also much easier to get in good nutrition when you spread out your food in a way you like and you can eat any number of meals per day, but it will work best if it's in synch with your daily schedule. You have to do some of the work yourself, and one of the most important parts of that work, is setting up a good meal plan for yourself. You can get pointers, but in the end you decide for yourself.
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Planning is key! I am trying to stick to a daily time schedule. This is my personal plan for weight loss so your calories will look different...Calories are estimated...

Coffee-600am
    Breakfast-830am (300cals)
    Lunch-1230pm (400cals)
    Snack-230pm (100cals)
    Dinner-530pm (400cals)
    Mint tea-730pm