Shoes?

Options
What's a good pair of shoes for jogging/running?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's all personal preference. Go to a running store and try on different brands.
  • zackpack1995
    zackpack1995 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    what's the difference between runners/basketball shoes?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Go to a dedicated running store and have them analyze your gait, preferably by watching you run. They will recommend several different brands and models that fit your running style and foot form. They'll let you try them on and run around the store a bit to get a feel for them. Some stores even offer a 90 day return policy on shoes if they don't work out.

I've worn Brooks, Mizuno and Asics. I found that the Brooks slipped too much in the heel and the Mizunos are much more narrow there. I also realized later on that I really need a wide shoe. If I get a regular width shoe I have to go a half size larger and it gets problematic. It's all very personal to you and your feet.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Different types of athletic shoes have different purposes. The soles and cut of the shoes will be completely different. I second what @queenliz99 said, visit a running store and have an employee help you find one that works for you.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Visiting a running store can make a world of difference. One of my boys works at one, and the amount of shoe knowledge he has is almost scary. A good shoe is worth every penny. Your hips, knees and back and of course your feet will hurt a lot less with a properly fitted shoe.