37 lb lost (17kg) post baby and post mental health

Options
12Sarah2015
12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
5kg (10lb) to go. On top of trying to lose normal post baby weight, I got really sick when baby was five weeks old with postpartum psychosis. It's much more serious than postpartum depression or anxiety and I had to be hospitalised. Fortunately the medicine worked straight away. It was hard coz I had to stop breastfeeding, and with the next baby I may not be able to breastfeed at all. I put on weight when the medicine was stabilising as I was on a high dose which made me hungry, it was too hot to exercise and my husband was cooking very unhealthy meals.

Mfp was great as I felt hungry esp at the beginning and needed a way to measure calories. Now a year later I'm at a healthy BMI of 24 and off the medicine. I'm back at pre baby weight but trying to lose more to be in mid healthy BMI range. The last bit should be easier now as there's no medicine interactions, or stress to try and lose the weight, and I enjoy feeling fitter. So nice to be a normal weight again :)

I lost all this weight at 1200cal diet (eating back half exercise calories) and walking/running/aerobics/skipping 5/6 days per week. Loved Leslie sansone YouTube at the beginning, now I use Jessica smith tv. Only money I spent was on a skipping rope.

Replies

• Namaste_Heart11
    Namaste_Heart11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your past difficulties, and it warms my heart to hear that you are doing well! <3 Congratulations on being so close to your goal!
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I suffered from ppp too and was hospitalised for three months, the medication helped me to gain 4 stone (56lbs) in three months. I've lost 30lbs (2st 2lb) so far but it feels like a long way to go as my actual target is 40lbs away.
    Well done on your recovery and your weight loss, I'm looking forward to being at a healthy weight one day too. You've done amazingly well to recover and lose weight in a year, my third baby is almost three years old and I'm only well enough to tackle the weight gain now after a long and severe depression following more than 6 months of psychosis.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I suffered from ppp too and was hospitalised for three months, the medication helped me to gain 4 stone (56lbs) in three months. I've lost 30lbs (2st 2lb) so far but it feels like a long way to go as my actual target is 40lbs away.
    Well done on your recovery and your weight loss, I'm looking forward to being at a healthy weight one day too. You've done amazingly well to recover and lose weight in a year, my third baby is almost three years old and I'm only well enough to tackle the weight gain now after a long and severe depression following more than 6 months of psychosis.
    All the best and stay healthy. Three months...that must have been awful. I'm glad you've been able to have three children. I hope the rest of the weight comes off quickly
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!