Night time eating

Just getting started! About a week into it. Evening hours are difficult for me not to snack anyone have advice? Wish you well!

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Save some of your calories for the evening if you like having a snack at that time.

Overall calorie intake is what matters, not when you eat the calories.
  • sbubenchik
    sbubenchik Posts: 75 Member
    Yeah, what seska442 said. It's all about daily caloric intake. I've eaten right before bed and not eaten, and got the same exact results just like lots of people. What happens is most people go over there calories for the day with that little snack and it adds up over time.
  • percboy
    percboy Posts: 4 Member
    So if my allowance is 2400 and I eat 2600 calories but I worked out and burned 300 calories does this still mean I'm still in the green? Am I taking the correct approach by using this strategy?
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    percboy wrote: »
    So if my allowance is 2400 and I eat 2600 calories but I worked out and burned 300 calories does this still mean I'm still in the green? Am I taking the correct approach by using this strategy?

Yes. You are correct. :smile: That specific timing makes no difference is a great realization.
  • redtortoise
    redtortoise Posts: 6 Member
    My solution to nighttime eating, in addition to saving some room for a snack - is to get to bed! I'm a night-owl and the later I stay up the more I want to graze. I'm on Keto - so an ounce or less of macadamia nuts is a good choice.
  • beardybuddha
    beardybuddha Posts: 16 Member
    I've lost 90 pounds over the years with no regard for what time it is when I eat, due to work, travel, etc.

As Ford from HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy says, "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

• raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    Buy and prepare things for night-time eating! I eat my Tofutti Fudge Bars at night, 30 calories. I usually did not chew gum but I started doing this for when I have to chew something. This might not sound like your cup of tea but I gobble down Grape Tomatoes. They are sweet and fill me up.
  • mrmeza123
    mrmeza123 Posts: 34 Member
    It's a mental game for myself. I sit down and think about it for awhile. Than I might take a walk or wait until someone asks me to go to the store for a soda.