Breakfast ideas?

Options

Replies

• sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What is a SOPES, do you make it or buy it?

Sopes are Mexican corn cakes that are kind of like thick tortillas with the ends rolled up. They're really high in fiber. I buy them at a Mexican grocery store, but you can also make them with corn masa or probably find them in a large grocery store.
  • mypeep
    mypeep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of Greek Yogurt (massive protein)
    Half a cup of Bran Flakes/Buds (massive fiber and complex carbs)
    Half a cup of blueberries (massive antioxidants)

Tablespoon of Honey (massive simple sugar and an awesome way to build up a defense against pollen allergies)

Love your user name! How comforting.
  • jibby88
    jibby88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have 2 Eggos with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp of lite butter. (Put together like a sandwich!) Then I have a cup of coffee with a 1/2 cup of Cashew Milk. It's 350 calories and holds me over until lunch time :) It takes 5 minutes and feels pretty indulgent in the morning!
  • quillworkgirl
    quillworkgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sharts11-I hadn't thought about doing lettuce wraps for breakfast before. Definitely gonna try it this week though. Thanks for the idea!
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    During the work week if I don't have oatmeal, I usually have fruit and 1/4 cup ricotta or an apple w/2tbsp of a nut butter. On weekends, I'll have a scrambled egg with either a piece of peameal bacon or 1 slice of centercut bacon on a whole wheat roll or an omelette that is heavy on vegetables.
  • jcbro19
    jcbro19 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    http://beautifulandhealthyyou.com

Has many recipes for every meal! Check it out! It's my go to website!
  • theaspicioway
    theaspicioway Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    200g of fat free Greek Yoghurt, 33g of porridge oats, 1tbsp of honey. Mix in a bowl and leave overnight. In the morning, add 10g of Rice Crispies and stir in. The Rice Crispies add a nice little crunch while the oats give it body. 320 calories, lots of goodness and it keeps you full til past lunchtime.
  • Murano243
    Murano243 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sfcrocker wrote: »
    What is a SOPES, do you make it or buy it?

Sopes are Mexican corn cakes that are kind of like thick tortillas with the ends rolled up. They're really high in fiber. I buy them at a Mexican grocery store, but you can also make them with corn masa or probably find them in a large grocery store.

Thanks a lot, I'm going to get a package to try
  • PinkSuede
    PinkSuede Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Breakfast tostadas are one of my favorites. Very close to what SFcrocker makes with the sopes. I crisp up some sprouted court tortillas, layer a little refried beans, a fried egg, hot sauce and salsa on top. Really filling and delicious. Right now my go to is Erewhon brown rice cereal with hemp milk. Uneventful but I love it.
  • healthyfitme12
    healthyfitme12 Posts: 50 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My go-to breakfast food is: One egg, w/sriracha, spinach, slice of toast with peanut butter. For drink is usually water w/ lemon or acv.
  • meunse01
    meunse01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love Zoats.

Zoats: You can't taste the zucchini in this.
    I did use a small zucchini, since I just made it for me.
    I added more than 1/2 water to the oatmeal, so it wouldn't burn. I added about 1.5 cups, a little less.
    I also added blueberries and cinnamon.
    It tastes just like regular oatmeal. My nutritionist puts chocolate and nutella in hers.
    This makes one serving with 220 calories, 30g carbs, 3 g fat and19g protein.
    1. Grate 1/2 small zucchini
    2. Whip 2 egg whites ( I use liquid egg whites from a carton)
    3. Combine 1/2 cup non instant oatmeal with water (you don't want the oatmeal to burn due to a lack of water) 4. Bring the oatmeal to a boil
    5. Reduce the heat to medium, add egg whites and zucchini. Stir continuously for 2-3 minutes. 6. Add any sweetener or flavoring you want.
  • meunse01
    meunse01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I also like P28 Foods The Original High Protein Pancake Dry Mix. It comes in Buttermilk Buckwheat, Chocolate Coconut, White Chocolate, and Strawberries N' Cream. I get it from vitacost.com
  • rnnursebarb
    rnnursebarb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kodiak cakes pancakes....any way you make them, awesome and high protein. 1/2 cup dry mix 190 cal, 2g fat, 30g carbs, 5g fiber, 14g protein.
    Makes 3-4 inch pancakes. On those days when you just gotta have pancakes. I spread some whole fruit preserves on them.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Really depends in the WOE you use. I usually like a sausage/egg/cheese/salsa scramble, sometimes I put it into a couple LC tortillas and fry in some butter. On weekends I like to have some keto waffles, or keto biscuits and gravy and bacon for one day as a small splurge.
  • LindaLock63
    LindaLock63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    rgppwdch10ts.jpeg

Quiche muffins...broccoli and turkey sausage. 6 eggs, 9 turkey sausage links, 1/2 cup skim mozzarella, I used steamed broccoli one bag cooked in microwave. A little salt and pepper. Put in food processor for 20-30 secs. Sprinkle the another 1/2 cup mozzarella on top of each muffin. . Bake at 350 for 20 min or until fork is clean. 96 calories each :)
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    x6vg4hptkik1.jpg

My breakfast this morning

3 fresh strawberries sliced
    3 oz Yoplait blueberry yogurt
    1/4 sliced banana
    3 oz Yoplait blueberry yogurt
    3 fresh strabwberries
    1/4 sliced banana
    3 tbsp. almond and honey granola

I forgot to add, I made this up Sunday (everything but the granola) and put it in the fridge. It is still good today!! (Wednesday) Not sure I would go more than 4 days though.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    5 minute Breakfast Sammich:

What you need:

1 microwave safe container (the same size in width as an English muffin)
    A microwave oven
    Toaster

(1) 100% Whole Wheat English Muffin
    4-6 eggs (0-2 yolks, depending on your desired fat/protein ratios)
    2 slices Extra Lean Turkey Bacon
    1 Slice 0-2% Cheddar Cheese

OR

1/4 cup 0-2% Shredded Cheese (this is a little messier until melted on the sandwich but can do in a pinch)

OPTIONAL SPICER-UPPERS:
    1/4 avocado, thinly sliced (be aware how this jives fat content with any egg yolk you plan on using)
    1 tablespoon Olive Oil Mayo
    Moderately Easy Prep:

If you like your English Muffin a little toasty, slice the muffin in half and put in a toaster for desired crispiness. While your English Muffin is toasting, crack 4-6 egg omitting yolks or adding 1 MAX 2-- the general rule of thumb here is 1 yolk for every 3-4 egg whites--into your microwave-safe container (you may want to cooking spray or wipe the container with a dab of olive oil to prevent sticking). Place eggs in microwave and cook on high for 2-3 minutes until eggs are cooked through and firm. While eggs are cooking, slice or measure out cheese and have at the ready.

Once eggs are done, put two strips of lean turkey bacon in the microwave on "High" for 2 minutes or so.

Now that you've got all your "parts" together, sandwich them up. You may need a knife to slip the egg out of the container if you didn't use oil but other than that, you're done and on your way.
    The (Macronutrient) Breakdown:

Calories: 370
    Fat: 10g
    Carbs: 28g
    Protein: 42g (with a serving of whey protein as a drink: 36g)

46 Protein/24 Carb/30 Fat

*Adding Avocado and/or Olive Oil Mayo will increase the fat content and calories. You can adjust by not using egg yolk and halfing the avocado serving.
  • kayfager
    kayfager Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm hooked on kodiak cakes...so good with S/F pancake syrup or any fruit on top. Yummy!!!
  • alexpn
    alexpn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Avocado with a baked egg inside the hole, and grilled smoked bacon... good fats! g824fzr8yr76.jpg