HELP! Gaining weight..why?

Options
2 years ago I started my fitness journey. I lost about 45 pounds and now I've noticed a couple pounds (6-8) have creeped up on me. I've started to eat healthier but less days in the gym. I noticed I've gained muscle mass especially in my arms and my core is a lot stronger. I don't LOOK like I've gained weight, but the scale says so. I also take medicine for hypothyroidism but that shouldn't affect my weight GAIN.

Help :(

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Are you actually tracking calories? Eating healthier means nothing if you're eating in a caloric surplus.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    log intake you might be surprise. Also have you checked your thyroid function lately? Hypo needs monitored every 6-8 weeks or at least 2x a year to make sure the dosage is sufficient. I also suffer from that diagnosis. Since I started logging im down 5 lbs and maintaining at my current TDEE setting I set for myself (along with macro tracking)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    2 years ago I started my fitness journey. I lost about 45 pounds and now I've noticed a couple pounds (6-8) have creeped up on me. I've started to eat healthier but less days in the gym. I noticed I've gained muscle mass especially in my arms and my core is a lot stronger. I don't LOOK like I've gained weight, but the scale says so. I also take medicine for hypothyroidism but that shouldn't affect my weight GAIN.

Help :(

Define "eat healthier."

And fewer days at the gym makes me believe you're burning fewer Calories over the course of the week. If the Calories you're eating remain the same, then yes - your weight loss would slow down or stop, and/or you'd gain weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you're eating the same but exercising less then that could be the issue.
  • armstrongchloe
    armstrongchloe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I will start back tracking calories, I think when I stopped focusing on that, I gained