Having trouble reaching calorie goal!!!

Options
It seems I'm never in the mood to eat. I am a stay at home mom and I homeschool so I am always busy. Once I get kids settled I'm tired myself and I would have about 500 calories left so I would eat like three bags of chips just to reach my goal. Anyone else in same boat? Have any food that are high in calories but won't take a lot of time to make?

Replies

• aylajae
    aylajae Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I wish I had this problem! Have you thought about protein bars or protein powder added into a smoothie? These will significantly boost calorie intake
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    That's not a bad problem IF you're getting in all your macros and micros.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I've always thought a snack of cheese and crackers (or cheese and an apple) to be an ideal bedtime snack.
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Are you eating a filling and healthy breakfast? Have you tried drinking some of your calories? Or maybe having a healthy snack when the kids are snacking? Try doubling the amount of veggies you serve yourself at dinner?
  • lanidavis86
    lanidavis86 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do drink smoothies from time to time I guess I will have to make more time for them. I also eat veggies but they are not that high in calories.
  • lanidavis86
    lanidavis86 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cheese and crackers sound great. Any specific kind or just basic white crackers with slice cheese?
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter, apples and peanut butter or apple and cheese. I like taking an apple (cored and sliced)put cinnamon on it ( no sugar) and bake them in the oven until fork tender. You can use a microwave as well.
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You need to pay attention to what you are eating, too. It's not entirely just about calories in vs. calories out. Look at your macros. Sometimes peanut butter is a good high calorie snack. However, it's high in fat, too....so you have to watch that. Protein bars, a protein shake, some jerky. You really want to try to get more protein than just carbs and fat. Cottage cheese is a great go-to, as well. :)
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This is why I drink wine at night haha

I have no time for lunch at work so after I eat a huge dinner and put the kiddo to bed I'm all out of tummy room for extra calories. Instead of reaching my goal of gaining 10, I gained 8, lost 2, and now I'm so over eating steak wraps for dinner.
  • mrmeza123
    mrmeza123 Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Tillamook summer sausage.