Low carb protein shake

Options
Does anyone have any recipes for a good low carb protein shake. I really would like to try a protein shake but I don't know what to use and I am trying to avoid things that are high in carbs. Please only positive post this is my choice so if you do not agree please avoid posting thank you

Replies

• jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i just use Quest Protein Powder (any flavor but peanut butter is my favorite) and then I use Almond Milk (the Light Original kind)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Any decent protein powder is going to be mostly protein. So mix that with water and you're done.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Why would a protein shake be high carb?
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use this wellvegan.com/breakfast/smoothies as a helpful way to mix up a smoothie and I always add my protein powder (I like Thera's Whey simplyteras.com/our-products/)

• angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I buy the Premier Protein (already made in the bottle) protein shake. They have different flavors, and they are all 160 Calories/5g Carb/3g Fat/30g Protein/2g Fiber/1g Sugar, for 11oz bottle. I buy them at WalMart and drink them everyday for breakfast with some fruit. They keep me pretty full too!!
  • angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    And they are not thick like most protein shakes.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I tried Premier Protein but hated the taste and texture. I now use EAS vanilla. It mixes well with water and is way cheaper.

I forgot to reset the serving size. It's supposed to be "2 scoops (42g)"

1rqngyg34iu1.png
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If you need shakes on the go, EAS Carb Advantage is good.

I really like Quest Peanut Butter powder.

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I use EAS as well [EAS Whey + Casein Vanilla]. I like it because the vanilla flavoring isn't extremely overpowering, so it mixes well with water flavorings and juices.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I like EAS Carb AdvantEdge and I like Premier Protein. I add PB2 powder or instant coffee or whatever I want if I want a different taste. I actually prefer the ready made shakes, but this is personal preference.