Funny thing happened at the gym...

I had the small employee gym to myself and was going about my dumbbell routine. I recently read an article in men's fitness about doing the dumbbell bench press with one arm at a time, just switching the weight back and forth. This is supposed to engage more stabilizing muscles in your core. Legs on the bench and not the floor. The biggest dumbbell we have is 52.5lbs so I set it on my knee and used my knee as I laid down to help push it up into position. Got it up did my lifts with my right arm. Def. could feel my core straining to help keep things balanced.

Got to my 10th rep on my right arm lowered it and switched to my left arm. I let it go down to the floor. Im laying on the bench now, dumbbell on the floor next to my left arm, feet off the ground, I grip it and go to jerk it up as hard/fast as I can and end up yanking myself off the bench onto the floor lol. To be honest was quite comical, but sort of glad no one else was there to see it. Anyway just thought I'd share somethign that made me laugh

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    LOL! Definitely something I'd rather do in a gym by myself. Boy, would my lifting partner have a field day with that one. Just glad you didn't end up adding injury to insult. :wink:
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Ok, what's the joke? :s

Are you really unable to read?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    You didnt fart? You should have farted.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member

That getup, sonny
  • This content has been removed.
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Alluminati wrote: »

That getup, sonny

Did someone say cheese?
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Hilarious! This is the kind of thing I know is going to happen to me one day. Except my gym is always packed.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited August 2016
    I had the small employee gym to myself and was going about my dumbbell routine. I recently read an article in men's fitness about doing the dumbbell bench press with one arm at a time, just switching the weight back and forth. This is supposed to engage more stabilizing muscles in your core. Legs on the bench and not the floor. The biggest dumbbell we have is 52.5lbs so I set it on my knee and used my knee as I laid down to help push it up into position. Got it up did my lifts with my right arm. Def. could feel my core straining to help keep things balanced.

Got to my 10th rep on my right arm lowered it and switched to my left arm. I let it go down to the floor. Im laying on the bench now, dumbbell on the floor next to my left arm, feet off the ground, I grip it and go to jerk it up as hard/fast as I can and end up yanking myself off the bench onto the floor lol. To be honest was quite comical, but sort of glad no one else was there to see it. Anyway just thought I'd share somethign that made me laugh

I like this story. We're always hoping nobody else sees when we look silly.
    Alluminati wrote: »
    You didnt fart? You should have farted.

Ha, I've done that before when doing dead lifts! LOL!g