not sure if im gaining weight in the right places .

Options
i currently weight around 112 pounds and im willing to gain 8 pounds more . i already gained 4.4 in a week . except from walking and attending kick boxing classes twice a week i pretty much do nothing else . during this 1 week period i noticed that my belly fat increased . although im being extra careful not to eat stuff that has a large amount of fat in it . what may be the reason ? also is it common for people who do kickboxing exercises to have leg and thigh muscles but having little to no muscles in the gluteal area? it has been 3 months since i started boxing . and there has been a huge difference on my legs and thighs but i can barely see any muscle mass building up in the glutes . what would you recommend me to do ? thanks in advance

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Fat goes where it wants to, you can't control it and you aren't doing anything to promote muscle growth so that's the reason you aren't gaining muscle. If you want to gain muscle either do a progressive overload lifting program or a progressive body weight program
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Oh fat doesn't make you fat btw.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    The sumo's eat very healthy, but also do alot of training... FYI. There are different ways to tone, you will have to find out what works for you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Everything that @singingflutelady said. Genetics will determine where you gain fat first. If you follow a structured lifting program, then you can at least gain some muscle.
  • zerocool44535
    zerocool44535 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eat tommy burger it's great
  • manowarrule
    manowarrule Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    As above. You need to lift weights that tax you and then constantly try to improve on what you did last time. Eg every week you should try to at least get an extra rep or two. This is progression. Also I think 4 pounds in a week is a bit high. Try for a single pound instead. Hope this helps