Beach Body and 21 day fix

Options
This program apparently wants you eating clean, I get it is healthier, but I am not really doing the workouts to this, I go to the gym and I use the cups to measure out food, but not the way they say to use it. Is this program really NOT going to work if I don't follow it to a tee? I have lost some weight doing what I am doing, I do NOT do the nasty shakes and I don't plan on doing it either. I do eat more processed packaged foods than I probably should, but I stay under my calories every time according to this site. Not really sure what my question is here, but I am seeing that clean eating is a MUST and I am not eating very clean, just cut way back on portions and seem to be doing fine. Following the plan exact is hard.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Clean eating isn't a must. It has too many definitions to even be considered a must. A calorie deficit is an absolute must, though.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Putting a name on a diet doesn't give it power. They all work only if you are consuming the correct number of calories. You're basically already not doing 21 day fix and you're getting results, so why change? At least get your money's worth out of the containers while you have them. If you stop getting results, you can either tighten up on the 21-day fix plan or tighten up on your MFP calorie tracking.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Of course it's hard to follow a diet plan that's not yours. And it's not necessary. You will lose weight if you have a sustained calorie deficit, and you can eat anything you like and lose weight, but you aren't following the program if you don't follow the instructions.

Clean eating means nothing, by the way.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I've never actually understood what eating "clean" means because each person you ask has a different definition, not unlike when people say they're eating "healthier". Sounds like too many weird rules and confusion...who needs that? Losing weight is enough of a challenge on its own.
    As for the Beachbody stuff, I've always heard the best thing they offer are the workouts, anyway...have you tried any of those? The shakes sound useless and unappealing to me, too.