Looks!!

Options
Died95
Died95 Posts: 26 Member
Unfortunately we live in a world that's dominated by physical appearances. Due to some people's appearances they will receive wanted and unwanted attention. How they receive and view this attention is based upon their security and outlook of life. While living in this appearance driven world we must learn these major principles that took me years to comprehend and apply:

1. Looks will never trump character.

2. Looks will get the attention, but it is character that determines an authentic commitment.

3. No one looks that good to produce commitment in someone else's heart (Yep I said it, you are not that good).

4. If you think because you look good or that you are so sexually irresistible you are void of being treated like trash, you got another thing coming.

5. Never confuse sex with commitment.

6. Just because they had sex with you does not mean they will commit to you.

7. Never allow your physical appearance or how others view your physical appearance to shape the foundation of your character.

8. Leading your life with your body will only cause mental confusion.

These views are built on the my failures of my life and others I know. I understand my views may not reflect the views of others; however, I figured they were worth sharing.... Oh I don't care if you agree or not, and I refuse to debate them.

Replies

• DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    People like to shame others. Fat folk like to body-shame skinny folk. Vice versa. Looks are vitally important. But so are a bunch of other things. Appearance is important hand-in-hand with Character because that's the reality of life.

People want things that look, sound, and are fundamentally good. There's no shame in desiring to be with something pretty. Pretty, obviously, is subjective.

Louise is pretty. Doesn't mean she's necessarily shallow or somehow lacking.