Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Back again after 2 years!

Hey everyone I am Laura and I've been a member here for like 5 years now. Anyway I started my weight loss journey at 401 pounds back in 2011. On my own with diet and exercise I lost 104 lbs and got down to 297! In March 2013 I had gastric bypass surgery and lost an additional 103 pounds bringing me to a low weight of 194 pounds. Well since the over 600 days since I last logged in I THOUGHT I had everything handled but I noticed I started finding myself going back to junk food and not exercising anymore. I ended up gaining to 225 pounds and then I found out I was pregnant with baby #3 in August of 2015! My first son was born May 3rd 2016, so he's now 3 months old but with the pregnancy and cravings my eating got a whole lot worse and I didn't care cuz I thought with breastfeeding and having my son id magically lose the weight. Well my whole pregnancy I managed to gain 65lbs bringing me to 283 pounds the day of my csection. I was eating horrible and like 3 King size kit kats per day, hot dogs, venti frappuccinos with extra whipped cream and caramel drizzle this was a pretty much daily thing. After I had my son the poor eating continued but not quite bad but now I got addicted to smores ice cream sandwiches and for the last 2 months I eat 6+ of them per day! Also eating like 4 packets of steel cut oatmeal per day with each packet containing 31g carbs! Yikes. Anyways I finally weighed myself today even though I didn't want to because I knew I wouldn't like what I saw after I worked so dang hard to lose 207 pounds! Well the scale read 291 pounds I seriously almost cried and then I had an anxiety attack. I used to be so in control how the heck did I let it get this bad and let myself gain 97 pounds from my LOWEST weight. None of my "skinny clothes" fit me anymore and it's all just so deprrssing so here I am logged back in and gonna log everyday and get back on track to my goal weight of 180 pounds. I WILL NOT let myself get to 300 or even 400 pounds even again and me being this close to 300 again is scary very scary. Being that big was a dark place in my life and I don't care to revisit it. I plan to do a liquid diet for a week with protein shakes and plenty of water to kind of detox my body starting tomorrow from all of the junk I've put in it the past year. I'm so embarrassed to say I've gained so much weight back when for the longest time I was an inspiration to others showing them it's possible. But alas here I am!

Replies

• Feistychick68
    Feistychick68 Posts: 301 Member
    Welcome back! I just started again myself. Don't beat yourself up. The fact you are fighting again is all that matters. Winners are winners not because they never lost but because they got back up and tried again. You already have shown you can lose weight and have. I seem to not be able to do that been stuck around 200 for years.. If you are looking for support feel free to add me. Best of luck
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Welcome back. :) you're in control of this now, you'll see the numbers dropping in no time. I fell into the 'breastfeeding will make me skinny' trap too and hence why I'm here!
  • amymurray12282
    amymurray12282 Posts: 154 Member
    You win in this situation...you saw what was going wrong, and you are now taking the steps to correct it! I know you have it in you to lose those extra pounds and give yourself a new low weight!
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Thanks so much everyone! I'd love some friends to have the support and to support each other if anyone wants to add me?! Probably just water weight but already down to 288 this morning so down 2.5 pounds! There is hope, we all GOT THIS!
  • aranel68
    aranel68 Posts: 8 Member
    Welcome back! Try not to beat yourself up- the fact you are here says a lot! Feel free to add me, happy to share support along the way with anyone who wants MFP friends! :)