My weight loss progression thus far (with pics)

Options
I wobbled my way up the third and final flight of stairs toward my bedroom and I could barely breathe. I was 17 years old, morbidly obese, and out of control. My eating habits had taken over my life and I spiraling out of control. In that moment, as I tried to catch my breath, I knew it was time for a change. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I knew I would do something. The next morning, my journey began. After months of set beaks, victories, hardships, and triumphs- I can final say I am proud of myself. I know I have a ways to go. A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step though, right?

belly.jpg

The photo on the left is me currently (down just about 100lbs) and the photo on the right is the first day of my fifth month ( it was after I'd lost 45 pounds already- I was too ashamed to photograph myself in the early months.)

We only have today. Any moment can be our last one, this moment- and all to follow- I am determined to try my hardest. I know I will have more struggles and this journey is far from over. I am willing to keep going though- that is what is important to me.

Replies

• cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    AWESOME progress Sarah! Great job with making the decision and sticking with it. :drinker:
  • sarahelizabeth2276
    sarahelizabeth2276 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    AWESOME progress Sarah! Great job with making the decision and sticking with it. :drinker:

Thank you!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    We only have today. Any moment can be our last one, this moment- and all to follow- I am determined to try my hardest. I know I will have more struggles and this journey is far from over. I am willing to keep going though- that is what is important to me.
    [/quote]

I congratulate you on your weight loss and also would like to encourage you for health's sake to not skip so many meals and consistently eat more than +-500 calories a day. I believe trying less hard will make things easier for you.

Good Luck !
  • stennis
    stennis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far. I'm going to steal your last paragraph and post it on Facebook. What a wonderful philosophy!
  • professorhuggins
    professorhuggins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you for deciding to lose weight and sticking with it so young! I waited to get serious and change my life until I was 35, and now I wonder what I was waiting for. Congrats!
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Super impressed! Great job!!
  • sarahelizabeth2276
    Options

I congratulate you on your weight loss and also would like to encourage you for health's sake to not skip so many meals and consistently eat more than +-500 calories a day. I believe trying less hard will make things easier for you.

Good Luck !

I totally agree that I need to increase my calories a bit!! I am definitely trying to. I appreciate your encouragement and wise words.
  • sarahelizabeth2276
    Options
    Great progress so far. I'm going to steal your last paragraph and post it on Facebook. What a wonderful philosophy!

Steal away, my friend! It's my daily mantra- those few words have gotten me to where I am today; they keep me alive.
  • sarahelizabeth2276
    Options
    I am so proud of you for deciding to lose weight and sticking with it so young! I waited to get serious and change my life until I was 35, and now I wonder what I was waiting for. Congrats!

Thank you!! Transitions and change are so hard for everyone, regardless of age. I'm glad you're not waiting anymore!!
    Super impressed! Great job!!

Thank you so much!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    amazing job!:love::flowerforyou:
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • miri17k
    miri17k Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    incredible! you look great!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I wobbled my way up the third and final flight of stairs toward my bedroom and I could barely breathe. I was 17 years old, morbidly obese, and out of control. My eating habits had taken over my life and I spiraling out of control. In that moment, as I tried to catch my breath, I knew it was time for a change. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I knew I would do something. The next morning, my journey began. After months of set beaks, victories, hardships, and triumphs- I can final say I am proud of myself. I know I have a ways to go. A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step though, right?

The photo on the left is me currently (down just about 100lbs) and the photo on the right is the first day of my fifth month ( it was after I'd lost 45 pounds already- I was too ashamed to photograph myself in the early months.)

Fantastic results. But most important is that at the age of 18 you have changed your life. I am very proud of you!! Best wishes!!
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic...great work :) I started out at 282lbs. back in December 2012 and also did not take a before picture because I was ashamed and really didn't want to see a picture of what I actually looked like. My first picture was at 250lbs. and it crushed me..I couldn't believe I had let myself get that big. Plus had just had a baby so that affected my body as well. Great job and keep up the great work!!
  • suffer4you87
    suffer4you87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For one dinner you only ate spinach and vinegar and another only salad and vinegar? I congratulate you on your progress but the way you are going about it is seriously unhealthy. You're just asking for eating problems.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Sarah,

Thanks for posting such a motivational post. WAY TO GO! If you have the opportunity to see the difference in lab reports you will get super motivated! To start at your age is even better. You must be so proud of yourself. I am so impressed.

Shirley enjoying sunshine in Oregon.
  • dmspenc
    dmspenc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great Job Sarah!
  • sarahelizabeth2276
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support! I truly appreciate all your kind words.
  • sarahelizabeth2276
    Options
    For one dinner you only ate spinach and vinegar and another only salad and vinegar? I congratulate you on your progress but the way you are going about it is seriously unhealthy. You're just asking for eating problems.

I appreciate your concern and your recognition of my progress. I am aware that I don't eat wonderfully everyday and that some days I barely eat at all. I know it doesn't appear to be healthy or a safe way of losing weight. Surprisingly, I don't always restrict my calories intentionally. I'm lucky enough to love vegetable- I think that's why I eat so many of them. The small portions and skipped meals aren't healthy though and I'm working on eating more balanced. I have had some recent turmoil in my life that's caused major stress and it kills anything of an appetite i'd have. Rest assured though, I am trying to eat in a more balanced way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!