One year and 76 pounds Gone! (pics)

Options
postrockandcats
postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
I never thought I'd be here. I've posted here with smaller successes, but they seemed so far away from where I needed to be, I couldn't even think about it. I had no idea that 76 pounds later I'd still want to lose more weight because I knew it was possible and that I really *could* be a smaller, healthier person. :D

In January, I had started to develop health problems that were directly related to my weight, so I needed to do something. I started logging on MyFitnessPal in July after probably losing 5-6 pounds or so as it was easy to naviagate and had a mobile app that made logging fast when I wasn't near a real computer. Then, after tracking calories for a few weeks, I realized that I had a rather crap relationship with food; I had compartmentalized food into good vs bad, which is a poor way to look at eating. Food is neither good or bad, it's just food. I just needed to get the right mix of food to keep me satisfied, healthy and happy without making me feel deprived.

So, my solution was to eat the foods I like without guilt, just keeping it sensible. I eat ice cream, pizza, beer, wine, burgers, deep fried morsels of yumminess, and cake along side the fruits and veggies I'd eaten all my life. It's all a budget; use your calories wisely! I really don't even monitor my macros beyond making sure I'm relatively balanced; I found that I got too obsessive with it and that's not healthy either.

So, not only am I physically healthier, I'm mentally healthier, too. That's what keeps me going; I fit into smaller clothes and I don't feel guilty eating any longer or that I have to fit into a nutritional box to do everything "right." I don't look at it as a struggle, so I don't feel like it's a THING I HAVE TO DO. It's just how I live now and I can't imagine doing anything different.

Also, heavy lifting FTW. For real. Overhead Pressing and Squats are cool. Like Bowties and Fezzes.

But, PICS!!

Me at 240+ (I'd wager 250+ in the blue sweater)

8898029076_9aef60f49d.jpg
7671150444_c926207cc9.jpg
7671151128_1ce4c916cf.jpg

Now, from the past few days at 163.8:

9088430241_de81ece46d.jpg
9275516837_6e844207c1.jpg
9279718914_64c4a274d1.jpg

I'm 5'8" and I from 240 to 163.8. My BMI went from 38 to 24.9 (for those interested), my waist was 45/46 inches and is now 32.5, my arms went from 12 to 10 inches, my hips went from 49 to 38 inches and my bust went from 49 to 38.5. Oh, and I can touch my toes again.

I've still got a bit to go to get rid of the fat in my middle still, but there's substantially less to battle and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Replies

• sbaldino29
    sbaldino29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look great!.
  • cfergusontx
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great work - well done!
  • sophisli
    sophisli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So fabulous! You're beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :]
  • margebouvierx2
    Options
    Fantastic! you look wonderful!!! thanks for posting, so inspirational.
  • hardierlime
    hardierlime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats - and what about cowboy hats being cool too?
  • vettech14
    vettech14 Posts: 28
    Options
    Congratulations, you look wonderful. Your such an inspiration to anyone that needs one :) Thanks for this post...
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    That's encouraging! Thank you for sharing
  • postrockandcats
    Options

River+Song.png

Don't push your luck :P

(And thank you! )
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing job! You look great. Keep it up!
  • postrockandcats
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!!! :heart:
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :drinker:
  • jenbibi23
    jenbibi23 Posts: 9
    Options
    Amazing. Can you post these in FITSB for the girls?
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Your face is so skinny now,you look like a different person. Congrats!:drinker:
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring! I started a month ago and hoping to lose the same amount you have already, so feeling particularly inspired. Also loving the treats in moderation attitude - lifestyle change etc.

And you look brilliant!
  • hardierlime
    hardierlime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL!

River+Song.png

Don't push your luck :P

(And thank you! )
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    That is AWESOME and you look FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing what worked for you as encouragement for the rest of us!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! You should be so proud of what you have accomplished!
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    you are so cute in that last picture! you must get such great reactions from people who have seen you get healthy!
  • LindaLou252
    LindaLou252 Posts: 106
    Options
    So great!!! I was attracted to your post b/c I, too, lost 76lbs in my first year! Lol! Fantastic work!!! You're beautiful! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!