Bathroom Scale Recommendations

Options
Hi there,

My bathroom scale is kaput and I need to get a new one. Any ideas for good scale under $50?

Thx,

Jean

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    They're really all about the same - - equally unreliable and inconsistent. Just let your fingers do the walking on Amazon and pick one w/the looks and features you like best.
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I know you said under $50 but take a look at the Withings scale if you have not already. It's pricey but has wifi connectivity. You can keep a history of every measurement and even download them to make graphs in excel. You can also sync it with MFP and chart here.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I bought a bluetooth scale for under $59.99. It will allow the whole family to weigh on their own user account. Had to go with an android app (I do not own an iphone).

https://greatergoods.com/weight-gurus/product/0375/bluetooth-smart-scale

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I bought a glass health o meter scale at Walmart for $30. It's always consistent. Love it!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I got this one expecting to hate it (as I've hated every other scale I've bought). But it turns out to be accurate (at least, to itself) and consistent. Super easy to read, too.

And it came with multiple avenues of support, including an email from the Amazon vendor should I need any help, which I haven't.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't waste money on one that claims to tell you your BF%. Meaning, if the BF% one is cheaper, fine - just don't pay any attention to it. But don't spend however much more money, thinking the BF% one is better. It isn't.