How do you feel about your kids going back to school?

Options
EddieHaskell97
EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
If you have kids, how are you feeling about their return to the classroom?

For us:

Hilarious-Back-to-School-Photo-Ideas.jpg

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Love it. Still got 3 weeks to go here though!

Someone else made a thread about it yesterday! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10444690/back-to-school-time-happy-sad-indifferent#latest
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I hate when they have to go back. I enjoy having them home.
  • rachaele311288
    rachaele311288 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love having them home but jeez they fight more in the holidays lol x
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old started preschool. I bawled after dropping him off. I worry about him all day (mildly special needs). So glad to pick him up in the afternoon.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old started preschool. I bawled after dropping him off. I worry about him all day (mildly special needs). So glad to pick him up in the afternoon.

He'll do great I'm sure. We have to let them find their own way sometimes.
    I was the same, minus the tears, but my son has adhd and it's scary letting them go without us there to protect them.
    I love back to school because it means fall is on its way and I get my "routine" back. :)
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    At least one of them will be even more relieved than me. He's got 3 weeks to go and has had enough of his brother.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Kind of sad. I miss them when they're not here (although when they are here they fight all day so it's nice not to deal with that!)
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for him! It doesn't affect me much since I work Monday-Friday but he's always stayed home with DH during the weekdays (works on the weekends) and I always worried about how boring that was as an only child. He is super excited to go back, today is his last day of summer break. We had back to school night last night and we met his teacher and saw his classroom and he was happy that there were a few kids from his kindergarten class in with him. He's starting cub scouts this year too!!
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this, but....

Come September 6, I may take margaritas to the bus stop.

Our 9 and 6 year olds have been home with us during the summer. We both work at home, but the kids hang in the living room where I work. I'm good at tuning them out (plus I'm partially deaf) but sometimes they are just so annoying with the arguing.

I also have one starting her junior year in HS but that requires much less fan fare.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    rps67 wrote: »
    I hate to say this, but....

Come September 6, I may take margaritas to the bus stop.

Our 9 and 6 year olds have been home with us during the summer. We both work at home, but the kids hang in the living room where I work. I'm good at tuning them out (plus I'm partially deaf) but sometimes they are just so annoying with the arguing.

I also have one starting her junior year in HS but that requires much less fan fare.

I like your style!!!

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My daughter is starting school in 4 days. I am nervous and excited for her. I'm going to miss her like crazy. I think the change is going to be drastic but I'm hoping her general experience will be positive and she'll acclimatize quickly...I also have to adult more now than I have in almost 6 years. Getting up everyday at 5:20 am for the next 18 years seems daunting... Luckily, I can use every morning out to hit the gym, since I'm already out. (I'm a former extrovert and love being at home with my kids. The porch is usually as far out as I want to go. )
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I home-schooled my daughter for Kindergarten through a program offered by Texas Tech. She constantly asked when she could go to "real school"...we finished and now she will get to go to "real school" for 1st grade.

I'm nervous and excited for her...but more importantly I'm incredibly protective...so the letting go and letting her experience that is the hardest. I feel like Nemo's dad from Finding Nemo. :|
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    pandora721 wrote: »
    I home-schooled my daughter for Kindergarten through a program offered by Texas Tech. She constantly asked when she could go to "real school"...we finished and now she will get to go to "real school" for 1st grade.

I'm nervous and excited for her...but more importantly I'm incredibly protective...so the letting go and letting her experience that is the hardest. I feel like Nemo's dad from Finding Nemo. :|

I was/am the same way. His kindergarten teacher last year was simply amazing though. She created a private FB page just for his class and posted pics throughout the first several days, then daily/weekly through the whole school year! My mother out of state was allowed in as a grandparent and it was great for her to get to see them too! His 1st grade teacher I think is a bit more old school, which is just fine, but I will miss my little glimpses in to his classroom this year.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    ^^
    That sounds really special..what an amazing teacher! I hope has a good school year. <3
  • mariesilva726
    mariesilva726 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Excited!!!
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Haha, loved the OP's pictures! My daughter is in year round school so she went back July 11, and has 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off. She gets 4 weeks off in December and 5 weeks off in the summer. Absolutely love this schedule!