Discouraged

Options
zahra59
zahra59 Posts: 55 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm discouraged this morning 2 weeks of eating good working out 5 days a week drinking lots of water and no result I do feel lighter just in the scale l I don't see anything I don't know why I even posted this I'm just a little discouraged maybe I'm expecting too much within 2 weeks

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    If you started new exercise you could be retaining some water which could be masking weight loss. If you're not using a scale to weigh your food then your calories may be off by a bit. Congrats on making healthy changes in your life:) Sometimes we have to keep tweaking things to find what works best for our individual body;)
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    "Eating good" doesn't lead to weight loss if you still eat too many calories. Calories are what matter for weight loss.

ulcy82mco3wf.jpg
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Tough. It's dreadful to feel discouraged if your chosen diet isn't working.
    The first two weeks of a diet should show on the scales. It's often the biggest loss time because of water loss. So if you are not losing check your scales and check your calorie counting. Eating 'good' isn't enough. (But I might misunderstand your shorthand)
    Shift to a lower calorie intake, slow down the exercise (plenty of time to gear up to more activity later) and follow a BALANCED diet. If you don't know what a balanced diet is, get a diet sheet from your local doctor or clinic.
    Follow the recipes on the MFP website.
    Good luck.
  • zahra59
    zahra59 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    "Eating good" doesn't lead to weight loss if you still eat too many calories. Calories are what matter for weight loss.

ulcy82mco3wf.jpg

Thank you
  • Ericoutwit2016
    Ericoutwit2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 weigh ins, and have only lost 1 pound so far. I'm also much stronger than when I started because I've been lifting weights. be patient, the weight will eventually follow