How to get rid of water retention?

kaitbannonrun
kaitbannonrun Posts: 19 Member
edited August 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So I went out for a run yesterday in 107 degree weather and I hadn't realized it because it was pretty cloudy but once I started the sun came out and it was HOT but I didn't want to stop because I had just started. I ran for an hour and 10 minutes and afterwards I was in a hurry to get somewhere so I completely forgot to drink water, bad idea I know but it flew from my mind. The next morning I felt and looked very "pudgy" like. It looks as if I gained a bit of fat which I'm guessing is most likely water retention from.not drinking enough yesterday. Would drinking a lot more water today help reduce the pudgy look i have due to water retention and not drinking enough yesterday?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Drink water to flush out the water you are retaining. Sounds counterproductive, but I find it helpful when I go overboard on the sodium to drink extra water to help the retention/bloat.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Dandelion tea, or watermelon
  • MrTwon1989
    MrTwon1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Drink water to flush out the water you are retaining. Sounds counterproductive, but I find it helpful when I go overboard on the sodium to drink extra water to help the retention/bloat.

^^ hit the nail on the head.

Crazy as it sounds, drink more water. And watch your sodium levels.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,476 Member
    Wait 3 days.
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Drink more water, less sodium. Also, we can't see your diary to see what exactly is happening in your diet.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Cutting carbs will help too. Body builders often do that before a show.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Drink a lot of water, mind your sodium and fibre intake. Also dandelion tea or cranberry juice can help.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited August 2016
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Wait 3 days.

I do these two together, and BAM, away goes the water retention.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    olymp1a wrote: »
    Drink a lot of water, mind your sodium and fibre intake. [Also dandelion tea or cranberry juice can help.

Yep, I mix both of these in my water bottle. 250ml cranberry juice, the unsweetened kind, and steep 1-2 dandelion tea bags in boiling water, wait for it to cool and add to my water.