For the ladies...Every month... for up to 10 days NEVER full...

Options
I am never full, and am always hungry. It is not just hungry cravings, I fight those all the time, this is real hunger shaky and light headed. I could eat a full meal that normally would fill me up and still feel my stomach growl.

Its normally between 10-12 days before that time of the month and can last up to the day before...

Do you guys experience this? And what do you do to keep yourself from downing the entire jar of peanut butter?!?

Replies

• jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Are you on BC? 12 days before your period could be ovulation, but not on birth control. That's why I ask, not just being nosy. :)
    If you're eating in a deficit, maybe go to maintenance for those days. You'll lose slower, but you also maybe won't feel like you're starving. Figure out what foods are most satiating for you and try to stick with those. Or bump up exercise intensity for that week, if you work out.

IDK, just thoughts. :)
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I do become extra hungry the week prior. I will drink water & if I am still hungry 20 minutes later I will have a light snack 100-200 calories *unless it is close to my next meal time and then I just eat my meal early.
    I also get bloated during my time so I stick to my calorie goal & skip weighing myself because I know it will all even out by the following week.
    It is difficult to have almost 2 weeks where things feel out of your control but if you make notes in your food diary as to why you ate something extra then you will be able to learn from it.
    I also have started using the "Life" app (period tracker) so that I know I am attributing the hungry feelings to the correct issue. (because there are times where I feel hungry and its for other reasons - I can't blame them all on my cycle) :smiley:
  • prettypeach790
    prettypeach790 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am not on BC... so you are probably right. Does ovulation cause hunger like that? Is your body working harder during that time?

Also, Yes I am SUPER bloated as well. I just feel like half my month is ruined by the 10 days before my cycle, and then the 5-6 I am actually on it... I only have this LITTLE window of feeling normal, and making progress.

It sucks!

• Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    God. The bloating. Not that I think it's fat or anything I don't weigh myself for 2 weeks 1 before or 1 after... it's more the cravings I get a week before. All processed fast food stuff and pasta. I just make my own versions to curb the cravings though.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your body works harder, exactly, but you have major hormone fluctuations as estrogen peaks, then diminishes as progesterone rises. Appetite is also regulated by several hormones, and they all interact with each other. I'm absolutely not an expert, but I think it makes sense at least. If you keep records for a few cycles you may be able to know what to expect as far as how you're likely to feel, and come up with strategies to help cope. :)
  • prettypeach790
    prettypeach790 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Last night I couldn't stop myself. I ate between 2500 and 3000 calories. I have only had a couple days in 4 months like that, and I just physically feel like I need it. I won't weigh myself for 2 weeks cause it will discourage me so bad during this time of the month.

:(

• gptaclue82
    gptaclue82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I was like that. And then I knew that when my period came I wouldn't be hungry. I NEVER forced myself to "eat all my calories" when I wasn't hungry. THAT was the key for me. I knew I'd over eat for about 5 days, and then UNDEReat, naturally, for about 5 days. I let myself do that. I followed my body's rhythm.

Keep in mind, for the few days before, you ARE burning a bit more. Not enough to really offset all the calories you're probably eating, but you are burning a bit more.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm going through currently. Trying hard to keep my deficit. I ate my dinner at 3pm. :joy:
  • kaiserla
    kaiserla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Going through that phase right now...ate almost half a jar of almond butter yesterday. I try to fight it, but it tastes so good! Don't even get me started on the lovely bloating...2 weeks of fun every month...