Pound Fitness

Options
CindyFooWho
CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
edited August 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
My gym is adding a new class called Pound.
https://poundfit.com/about/

From the website: "POUND® IS THE WORLD'S FIRST CARDIO JAM SESSION INSPIRED BY THE INFECTIOUS, ENERGIZING AND SWEAT-DRIPPING FUN OF PLAYING THE DRUMS."

Now, I love my group fitness classes (most of them) and I'm a music fan, but this seems....oh I don't know.... stupid. Has anyone done this?

Edited to add...Ugh, I hate claims like this: "Burn up to 900+ calories per hour..." No. There is No. Way.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It looks like people aren't actually playing the drums... they're just dancing with drumsticks? That being said, I guess if it's cardio, it's cardio! Haha. So if it's fun... do it.

Though to say that 1/2 pound of weight total will throw the body off balance and help build the core is ridiculous.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I read an article about this a while ago, it's being offered all over the place.

It looks fun enough if you like that sort of thing but I'm not much for dance-y type classes, I kind of hate all that Zumba, Body Jam, etc type stuff. I feel like a dork and don't get enough of a cardio workout compared to just running and there's not enough strength stuff to compensate.