Supplements?

Options
What sort of supplements and protein powders do you suggest using?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Protein powder is based on your taste and only required if you aren't getting adequate protein. Best advice is to get some individual servings and try a few; I like quest, dymatize, EAS, Muscle Milk, Designer Whey

Supplements - most arent' really going to provide much if any benefit. The best ones are creatine and caffeine though.

The bigger question is, what are your goals?
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Protein powder is based on your taste and only required if you aren't getting adequate protein. Best advice is to get some individual servings and try a few; I like quest, dymatize, EAS, Muscle Milk, Designer Whey

Supplements - most arent' really going to provide much if any benefit. The best ones are creatine and caffeine though.

Well said!
    I am also wary of supplements and all the bogus claims. And a supplement sales person acts like proper nutrition from actual food is just not possible, so BUY MY SUPPLEMENTS o:)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Return2Fit wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »

Well said!
    I am also wary of supplements and all the bogus claims. And a supplement sales person acts like proper nutrition from actual food is just not possible, so BUY MY SUPPLEMENTS o:)

Thanks.

I should also mention, that even creatine and caffeine have their limitations. Not everyone is a responder to those supplements. I am one of those people. Neither have an effect on me.
  • MrSimmers
    MrSimmers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for supplements for weight loss, make sure they're legit. A lot of studies have shown many supplements to contain only a fraction or even none of the labelled ingredients. Get a natural non-GMO source, such as Leaf Mother.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    MrSimmers wrote: »
    If you're looking for supplements for weight loss, make sure they're legit. A lot of studies have shown many supplements to contain only a fraction or even none of the labelled ingredients. Get a natural non-GMO source, such as Leaf Mother.

The only legit weight loss supplements are illegal as they effect metabolism. If anything I would research from www.examine.com for the effectiveness of supplements.
  • JessicaMay25
    JessicaMay25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A good quality whey protein, some vitamins like fish oils, vitamin C, B12 complex if you feel you need more enegery, L-Carnatine/Arganine if your looking to loose some fat, and BCAAS for muscle recovery. All of this done while hitting the gym. That's the best thing you can start with for supplements in my opinion!