Fitness pal is showing 1960 calories??

Options
Hello,
I'm quite new but I'm trying to gain a few pounds as I've lost too much weight I'm 8 stone 1.4 and I'm trying to put a couple of pounds I'm 27 5ft 4 but it's saying I need to have 1960 calories that's less then the woman's daily allowance which is 2000? It says that to gain 0.5lb a week?? What's that's about?? Is this correct??
Thanks

Replies

• DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    1960 is 2000. To know how many calories you need you have to know how many you burn.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm quite new but I'm trying to gain a few pounds as I've lost too much weight I'm 8 stone 1.4 and I'm trying to put a couple of pounds I'm 27 5ft 4 but it's saying I need to have 1960 calories that's less then the woman's daily allowance which is 2000? It says that to gain 0.5lb a week?? What's that's about?? Is this correct??
    Thanks

if you're sedentary, then possibly. does sound a bit low, but then 2000 cals is 'average' for women, so some will be more, and some will be less.

and remember that number is net, so you should be eating back any exercise calories you burn as well.
  • blossomprincessx
    blossomprincessx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks

if you're sedentary, then possibly. does sound a bit low, but then 2000 cals is 'average' for women, so some will be more, and some will be less.

and remember that number is net, so you should be eating back any exercise calories you burn as well.

I'm still abit confused with it all.. I've put im lightly active on there so shouldn't that add more calories onto my daily calorie intake? Just abit confused with it all....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks

I'm still abit confused with it all.. I've put im lightly active on there so shouldn't that add more calories onto my daily calorie intake? Just abit confused with it all....

did you lose weight using MFP?

i would say, start at maintenance and work your way up. the best way to find out your TDEE is through logging your food, exercise and scale weight.
  • VividDawn
    VividDawn Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had set my goal to 2000 with "active" daily activity. A little while ago, I noticed it said 1960... I wonder if the program went to a default automatically? I changed it back to 2000. And the other day changed it to 2500, since I've had a change in health, and need to push myself for more.

Also, I noticed that my sodium goal said 2300 last night. I could have sworn I changed it to 2000, because I'm really not supposed to go over that, with my heart failure. In fact, going over 1700 usually results in fluid retention in my lungs, not being able to breathe well, and needing an extra dose of diuretics.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    In the end these are all estimates. Best thing to do is track for 4 to 6 weeks and adjust based on actual results.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Mine also says 1960 I think and I'm around the same size as you and lightly active. I find I always go over that anyway.