WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY

Options

Replies

• Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Linda thank you for the happy thoughts about Eli, yep it's just so much fun to just sit and hold them, they are so cuddly at the start:wink:

Jackie :drinker: :drinker: I had a LOL moment with your Dr story:drinker: :drinker:

I'm sure there are many that could use those colored pills to help them drink the much needed water.

Have a great evening everyone:smile: Laura
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Linda thank you for the happy thoughts about Eli, yep it's just so much fun to just sit and hold them, they are so cuddly at the start:wink:

Jackie :drinker: :drinker: I had a LOL moment with your Dr story:drinker: :drinker:

I'm sure there are many that could use those colored pills to help them drink the much needed water.

Have a great evening everyone:smile: Laura

I figured out a way to get everyone drinking water, no problem. Substitute M & M's for the pills in Jackie's story!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pbradshaw
    pbradshaw Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi all! I am a newbie, too! I have lost 7 pounds and am going to lose 25 pounds more! We just got back from New Orleans and I was able to eat the right foods. I will weigh in, tomorrow morning, and find out if I maintained my current weight or lost a pound or two. I have given up alcohol and it has made a huge difference in my appetite control. I am so thankful that I was able to give up alcohol. I hope to be a part of this fabulous group!

Patty from Texas
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Wow another Texan. welcome. From what I hear it is hot down there. It was beautiful here today. I had my lowest weight ever on the scale this morning so keep your fingers crossed that it stays that way for tomorrows official weigh in. I even changed my meals today to lower my sodium down to 1500 just to be sure I don't retain water.

I got my blood work results and I am basically healthy. My cholesterol is just a little high ((235) 147 LDL) but Doc thinks with the diet and exercise changes I am doing it will go down. I am going to start taking a fish oil supplement as well. I can't imagine what it was before I made this change.

Keira gets her stiches out tomorrow. she is all healed up and as crotchity :devil: as always. Bodi is such a happy boy chasing butterflies and bees, I just love to watch him.:love: I hope you all have a great evening.:drinker:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! to all who are expecting good results this week with your weigh ins.

I came home to a relatively clean kitchen tonight, so I cooked. We shall see what happens tomorrow.

DD needs help with her new exercises, so this will be short.

Have a great evening everyone,

Jeannie
  • ainslieglen
    ainslieglen Posts: 110
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I read the posts every and feel like I know all of you. Really lovely ladies and easy to admire:smile: I don't post often...mostly because I can't think of anything to say:noway: I get really shy and tongue tied::blushing: Going to try to participate more.

Tiarapants: Lucky Auntie-in-law! I really enjoy chutney! WTG on another pound lost...it's so encouraging when the hard work pays off.:happy:

Plantlady: Welcome...You'll really enjoy your time here:flowerforyou:

Jam0525: You can gripe all you need to...I absolutely detested cleaning up after other people who could easily have done it themselves. :explode:

Wishful: Good idea to be adding minutes to you exercise gradually. That's what I did and over the months I've increased my time from 90 minutes a week to 360.:bigsmile:

Kackie: Good luck with the Doctors' visits. They can be really intimidating...I hope everything's OK.:flowerforyou:

Suezzzque: Great news that your husband is trending toward a healthier diet. Bet exercise will follow:wink:

Welcome robstella and good luck!:drinker: :drinker:

Laura: Like you, my goal is a healthy bmi. Everything else is icing on the cake:bigsmile:

myny: Loved your joke!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

weaklink: The M&M's might work:bigsmile:

Welcome Patty from Texas!:smile:

rjadams:Good for you that you checked out to be basically healthy. The cholesterol will probably come down on it's own:heart: Bodi and Kiera sound so funny and sweet.....easy to love:love:

Mimi: Hi.. and I enjoy your posts so much:flowerforyou:

Enjoy the week-end everyone.......group hug:bigsmile: ainslieglen
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: A quick hello from beautiful BC. I managed to ride my bike into work (20k) again today but only half way back. It just got a little too hot and I was too exhausted. Excellent call on my behalf I'd say, to call DH on his cell (he was not doing anything important anyway :bigsmile: ) and pick me up at the half way point. I do feel I am getting in better shape, however. My muscles are getting stronger in my legs, and less huffing and puffing.

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh, Jackie about drinking the water. I tell you, I have very little trouble downing my water nowadays with all that nice weather and exercise.

"Story": there is a lady on our team who is quite obese (not just overweight). She has trouble walking and is in constant pain of some sort. She has been yo-yo dieting for years. I noticed her mentioning to someone else a little while back that she was on a diet, so I asked her about it today. She was proud to say that her pants are fitting a lot looser. She then went on to tell us (other team mates were listening).....wait for it....that she eats her last meal of the day at lunch and she eats no more than 900 calories a day. :noway: and all prepared meals. Noway we said. But she insisted that her doctor is fine with it. She eats lean cuisine for lunch. It helps her stay disciplined, because she knows exactly how many calories are in it and it is tasty. We have gathered that her doctor wants her to lose 30 pounds (only 30?) because of her knees. I advised her she should eat at least 1200 cal/day. One of my co-workers is quite frank with her and tells her to eat fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains and lean meats. She is such a nice person. We all feel sad about her denial of reality. I have told her about MFP before. I hope she will sign on and start logging. It will be such an eyeopener for her. I guess all I can do is show her the journey to health. I can't make her do it. "End of story"

(((hugs))) to everyone. I have a 3 day weekend coming up.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Rebel:heart::heart: :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: A quick hello from sunny NW Washington (not far from beautiful BC)........no line dance again today :cry: :cry: and DH took the dogs to the dog park but my knee felt better and I was able to do yard work as well as yoga and riding the exercise bike......I logged almost 7000 steps today :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: having some extra "down" time today allowed me to start a new knitting project
    wool socks to send to Afghanistan :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Jackie, thanks for sharing the water story....I read it to hubby and he loved it too.

:flowerforyou: Patty from Texas, you've come to the right place.....keep coming back...this thread changed my life, I hope it does the same for you
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello. Heading up to the Sawtooths to a Women's retreat tomorrow. No cellphone, no internet. Hoping long walks around mountain lakes will at least partly offset the wonderful food. Will try to jot down my food for journaling when I get back...

Behind on posts but thanks Jacking for the red/green/blue pill story and Wow Barbie, 7000 steps with a hurt knee, you are TOUGH!
    Please be careful not to make it worse, line dancing needs you!

Gutt'n'Butt try #5 day zero ;(

Hugs to all,
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    I did it. I colored my hair. Aaagh!!! :wink: It looks so dark. And so brown! I used some eyebrow pencil on my eyebrows and a dark eyeliner. My daughter, who didn’t think I should do it, liked the change. So it's probably okay as she's pretty picky. I am surprised every time I look in the mirror.

Worked out for an hour today. It’s much easier working out at the gym. I started the day with more carbs than usual. That triggered a desire for more. So…a healthy day but not exactly a light day. It’s a good thing I worked out.

Amanda, How frustrating to walk so far for an appointment then find out it was cancelled. You have a good attitude about it. I love thinking of you wearing the flapping raincoat! What progress. :flowerforyou:

How would you say, “They can because they eat vegetables” in Latin? The online translators don’t like that phrase (imagine that!) but, if you put it together with your signature line, “They can because they think they can,” you have a pretty complete picture. Maybe you could add “and fruits and other minimally processed foods” to mine!

I followed the link you posted but it just took me to a search box…?

Erica, apples and cinnamon are a nice treat. I usually have a couple of cups of “tea” each day that I make from ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, and a bit of stevia. Sometimes I add cardamom, fennel, or a little orange extract. I like the sweetness and it doesn’t trigger “I want mores.”

Chicletgirl, congrats on buying all the healthy food. That’s where it starts. I admit to having something in common with Richard Simmons. I like to look in other people’s carts to see what they’re buying. Just another form of people watching. I feel good about what’s in mine these days. I used to feel embarrassed, kind of like when you send your hubby out to buy “feminine” products. :noway:

Terri, your recipe sounds delicious. I’m excited about how many people love veggies. :love:

Jeannie, kabobs would be wonderful. I’m dying to get a BBQ. Maybe at the end-of-summer sales. We’re almost there. How did you motivate your crew to clean up? You could make a lot of money off that secret!

Mookimoo, I’m definitely going to try roasted sprouts. Honestly, they don’t sound good to me. :noway: But then veggies in general didn’t sound good to me in the old days. Good for you for walking to work.

Renny, you are just amazing. Riding to work and back (or even half way back!) when it’s 20 km one-way …I’m in awe.

I know what you mean about your coworker. It’s frustrating seeing people doing things you know aren’t healthy. I’ve done plenty of them myself and always gained the weight back plus more. I hope your co-worker gets the MFP message. Even more, I hope she gets the fruits and veggies message. I wish MFP tracked servings of fruits and veggies as well as refined vs unrefined carbs. It’s sad to see many people who are on MFP who are eating junk then wonder a) why they don’t lose weight over the long haul, and b) why they don’t sustain whatever weight they do lose.

Wishful, the website EddieOnEverything.com is cool. It’s nice to have a tool to use when you’re calculating “eating out” calories.

Kackie, your granddaughter is as cute as a button. You look so happy in the picture with her. I hope all is well with you and DH (and all the doctor visits).

Randy, you’ve got your hands full. I hope the transition for your mom (and for you) goes well. It's got to be hard for her to give up her independence; and hard for you to give up your “space.” BTW, we’ll have to change that picture now that I no longer have grey hair!

Susan, it’s so unfair the way guys lose weight so fast. Goes to show the effect of more muscle mass. I’m glad he’s in it with you now. That’s gotta be a big help for you and nice knowing he’s getting healthier too. :happy:

Robstella, welcome! This is a terrific place to come for motivation, support, and friendship.

Patty, welcome to you too. You’ve made good progress. Good for you for giving up alcohol. You’ll get to your goal just that much faster.

Robin, I'm looking forward to hearing the new weight stuck! You've been doing so well, it's bound to soon. How is your HDL good cholesterol? My SIL, who sells life insurance, says the ratios make a huge difference to your health (and to how the life insurance companies rate you).

Laura, congrats on going from overweight to healthy. Good going. I’d get it up on my ticker and look at it every day!

Jackie, 4 ounces in the right direction is worth shouting about. Those ounces add up. That’s especially good considering the stressful situation you’ve got going on.

Barb, good idea on the M&M’s. That should increase the water alright. You don’t want to get too much water though! :laugh:

Ainslieglen, hugs back to you. :heart: Congrats on increasing your exercise from 90 to 360 minutes a week! You’re my hero! You’re right where I want to be for my next step. It’s good to have a role model.

Barb, I’m glad your knee is better. You recovered quickly. Maybe all the healthy eating you’ve been doing! :drinker:
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Everyone

It was another rainy day yesterday :frown: and we got wet (again) walking the doggies. Not sure what the weather is going to be like today, so far it's sunny but very blustery - good for drying my washing though :bigsmile:

I feel a bit "lost" this morning. On my Friday's off I usually go grocery shopping with my mum, but dads car is in the garage and is not due back until this afternoon.:frown: I'm not sure what to do with myself :smile: I have loads of stuff I should do, but not sure if I am in the mood :laugh: I suppose I will end up doing all the boring jobs like laundry, mopping the floor etc Not sure what is wrong with me today - I feel all out of sort with myself.

:flowerforyou: Mimi can't wait to see you with brown hair so post a pic soon. It's probably about time I do mine, my mum mentioned "my roots" a few days ago :bigsmile: Don't you just love them, so blunt and straight to the point. :smile:

:flowerforyou: Barbie don't overdo things with the knee too soon, you don't want a relapse :noway: that would take longer to heal.

:flowerforyou: Jackie I hope the scales continue to move in the right direction for you.

Back to the roasted veggies, just wanted to say the roasted sprouts didn't taste too bad at all, can't quite describe it but seemed a bit of a stronger flavour than boiled/steamed sprouts. I often use frozen veg like Birds Eye Steamers. I must admit I don't know too much about veggies :embarassed: I tend to stick to the common ones you know carrots cauli broccoli sweetcorn sprouts. I have the occasional string beans but maybe now is the time to get more adventurous:smile:

:smile: Keep with the healthy choices I'd better make a start or nothing will get done today :bigsmile:

Take care everyone and welcome to any newbies :smile:

BFN

:heart: Viv :heart:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    A very good Friday to you all.

It's a grey and windswept day here in London. None too warm either! There is rain on the way - no doubt it will start as I put my foot outside to walk to the hospital ... again! My hair was in ringlets when I got back yesterday - it goes like that when it's wet. I washed it last night but decided not to do anything to it until I get home today, so it's still ringlets but I've got it clipped back. DH prefers it like this. Personally I think it looks healthier when it's been straightened. It makes it shine more.

Renny, well done for managing as much cycling as you did! Re the lady in your team, what a shame she can't get onboard a healthier way of eating. I have to admit, I've been down the route she's taking in the past. It never works for very long.

Barbie, glad your knee is feeling a little better. Don't push it too hard though. Good luck with the sock knitting! I haven't done any knitting for the last couple of days but I really want to get a couple of sleeping bags knitted for the babies, must get started on them today.

Mimi, well done on colouring your hair. You are much braver than I am. When my daughter got married, I had my (very pale) eyebrows tinted. My skin is so pale and I had the lightest possible tint added to them and yet it still managed to make me look as if I had a couple of caterpillars crawling across my face! As for the Latin. How about a simple Non ut edam olum vivo, sed ut vivam olus edo ?

Viv, I know what you mean about feeling out of sorts - me too. I did feel a bit better after having a bounce on my rebounder though!

I found this recipe for Brussels sprouts and made it a while back (without the bacon). It was delicious! If I made it now I would cut down on the butter though. I also added some lemon thyme to it, which worked well although I think other herbs would work too.
    Brussels sprouts chiffonade

Prep time: 5 min
    Cook time: 15 min
    Serves: 4
    Ingredients

300g brussels sprouts trimmed
    1 tbsp olive oil
    20g butter
    2 shallots, finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    50g smoked bacon, chopped
    Method
    1. Using a food processor shredding attachment, or a knife, finely shred the brussels sprouts.

2. Heat the oil and butter together in a frying pan. Add the shallots, garlic and bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the shallots have softened.

3. Add the chiffonade of brussels sprouts and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until the leaves are cooked through.

Just lately I've been eating loads of cauliflower (mainly because I love it!) Sometimes I just eat it raw and other times I cook it until it's starting to soften and then add some Philadelphia extra light - it makes a great alternative cauliflower cheese. My ex-husband used to say I made the best cauliflower cheese ever. He loved it so much that he actually took a photograph of it and framed it (no kidding - weirdo!) Unfortunately I loved it too and it was a LOT of calories (I used to add all kinds of stuff to it, including a slosh of brandy sometimes!) My Philadelphia version is not the same, but it deals with my pangs. Luckily my DH isn't a cheese sauce fan.

I'm walking around the house this morning wearing workout shorts, a t-shirt which my daughter bought me which reads, 'save the drama for your mama', padded trainer socks and my brand new Vivienne Westwood vegan shoes! I got a very strange look when I opened the door to the postman! The shoes are these - http://whatshaute.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/melissa-shoes-vivienne-westwood-anglomania-lady-dragon-heart-ii.jpg I'm trying to make them comfortable enough for me to wear this weekend. It's been a long time since I have worn 'unpractical' shoes and I totally fell in love with them. My family always laugh at me for my taste in shoes - but it's one of my little weaknesses. I've got small feet and it pleases me!

Time for me to make a move I suppose. Things to do before I go to the hospital (don't worry, I'll be changing my outfit before I leave!)

Have a good day please.

Amanda x
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies!

WOW...I read all the new posts and am smiling...what a great group of ladies and it seems that some of you I haven't heard from in a while posted, which I enjoyed a lot! I look so forward to hearing what is going on in your lives and how you are handling the challenges & struggles we all face. Lots of good and upbeat advice from you!

Amanda: A slight shoe fix is a healthy, low-cal reward in my book! I do not have small feet but like shoes quite a bit myself. When cleaning out my closet they are the last things to get tossed! And there are so few times that I need to wear so many of them, but if they are pretty or fun, they usually stay! Pretty harmless I'd say!

Mimi: Can't wait to see the photo of the "new" you! Sounds great and a nice reward for the younger, stronger, healthier, thinner YOU!

Viv: Brussel sprouts are one of the very few vegetables that I just don't love. I have had them that I liked ok that involved bacon...but I think anything with bacon would be good. Maybe I will give them another try???

Auntiebk: Your retreat to the sawtooths sounds wonderful. Enjoy your time and let us know how you do.

Barbie: Wow...slowed down for you is certainly not slow! Take care!!

Welcome to our new ladies! (I can't get back to posts to make sure of names...sorry), but you both have found a great place to get support and encouragement here! Giving up alcohol is a great step to losing weight. I have not given it up completely but certainly find that I am in far more control of my calories when I do not have any. GOOD for you. I wish you both great success on this journey! Keep us posted.

Ainsleiglen: Good to hear from you. You are making such great, steady progress. You must feel great with the exercise that you are getting. You have upped your time steadily and lost steadily. Way to go!

Randy: Good to hear from you too. Good luck with all you are dealing with and let us hear from you when you can. Take care!

Jackie: Yes...I agree with Barb....m and ms would make water so, so easy...but your pill story was so funny! Way to go on your bit of lose! Take it! Every bit is a reward in itself!

Good luck all of you who are hoping for good results tomorrow. I am an every day weigher, so I just post mine when I see it and then fight to keep that new number. I lost another half pound this morning. I had actually seen the new number for the past few days, but it kept being half pound down, half pound up, one pound down, half pound up...you all know the drill. Finally I am claiming the other half pound and I will fight to keep it off.

Doctors' visits for me are some skin cancer treatments. I am paying for my love of sun as a teenager, but all is ok. Just time consuming and not fun. I am working more now to prevent some pre-cancers as I am tired of being cut on, so we shall see. I have tried the creams the dermatologist has given me but they are slow and make face unsightly. SO I went with a more radical procedure that gets it over with more quickly....feel like my face is fried off...I guess it kind of was!!! Cannot get out in the sun, which is a pain for this time of the year, but I will follow instructions to the letter. And DH has a compressed disc in his neck that he had a shot in yesterday...scarey to me...but routine now I think...in order to attempt to minimize pain and numbness that he has been feeling in one arm, shoulder and hand. Oh, the things we have to do as we get older. Thanks to those who asked, but I hate to bore you with the details of little medical procedures! We are normally very healthy!

Too long here, but thinking of you all and wishing you a wonderful and healthy weekend. Take care:heart: kackie:heart:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies!

WOW...I read all the new posts and am smiling...what a great group of ladies and it seems that some of you I haven't heard from in a while posted, which I enjoyed a lot! I look so forward to hearing what is going on in your lives and how you are handling the challenges & struggles we all face. Lots of good and upbeat advice from you!

Amanda: A slight shoe fix is a healthy, low-cal reward in my book! I do not have small feet but like shoes quite a bit myself. When cleaning out my closet they are the last things to get tossed! And there are so few times that I need to wear so many of them, but if they are pretty or fun, they usually stay! Pretty harmless I'd say!

Mimi: Can't wait to see the photo of the "new" you! Sounds great and a nice reward for the younger, stronger, healthier, thinner YOU!

Viv: Brussel sprouts are one of the very few vegetables that I just don't love. I have had them that I liked ok that involved bacon...but I think anything with bacon would be good. Maybe I will give them another try???

Auntiebk: Your retreat to the sawtooths sounds wonderful. Enjoy your time and let us know how you do.

Barbie: Wow...slowed down for you is certainly not slow! Take care!!

Welcome to our new ladies! (I can't get back to posts to make sure of names...sorry), but you both have found a great place to get support and encouragement here! Giving up alcohol is a great step to losing weight. I have not given it up completely but certainly find that I am in far more control of my calories when I do not have any. GOOD for you. I wish you both great success on this journey! Keep us posted.

Ainsleiglen: Good to hear from you. You are making such great, steady progress. You must feel great with the exercise that you are getting. You have upped your time steadily and lost steadily. Way to go!

Randy: Good to hear from you too. Good luck with all you are dealing with and let us hear from you when you can. Take care!

Jackie: Yes...I agree with Barb....m and ms would make water so, so easy...but your pill story was so funny! Way to go on your bit of lose! Take it! Every bit is a reward in itself!

Good luck all of you who are hoping for good results tomorrow. I am an every day weigher, so I just post mine when I see it and then fight to keep that new number. I lost another half pound this morning. I had actually seen the new number for the past few days, but it kept being half pound down, half pound up, one pound down, half pound up...you all know the drill. Finally I am claiming the other half pound and I will fight to keep it off.

Doctors' visits for me are some skin cancer treatments. I am paying for my love of sun as a teenager, but all is ok. Just time consuming and not fun. I am working more now to prevent some pre-cancers as I am tired of being cut on, so we shall see. I have tried the creams the dermatologist has given me but they are slow and make face unsightly. SO I went with a more radical procedure that gets it over with more quickly....feel like my face is fried off...I guess it kind of was!!! Cannot get out in the sun, which is a pain for this time of the year, but I will follow instructions to the letter. And DH has a compressed disc in his neck that he had a shot in yesterday...scarey to me...but routine now I think...in order to attempt to minimize pain and numbness that he has been feeling in one arm, shoulder and hand. Oh, the things we have to do as we get older. Thanks to those who asked, but I hate to bore you with the details of little medical procedures! We are normally very healthy!

Too long here, but thinking of you all and wishing you a wonderful and healthy weekend. Take care:heart: kackie:heart:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: TGI Friday and some Fridays I'm more thankful than others....this one because my boss is gone until next Wednesday and we will do a lot of playing with Son & DIL #2 and her parents this weekend.

Welcome - Patty (pbradshaw) This is a great place for encouragement of all kinds and you make lots of new friends. Yep giving up the alcohol makes a hugh difference in the weight loss...although an occasional drink is nice.

Robin - I will keep my fingers crossed for you as I'm in the same boat wanting what the scale said this morning to still be there tomorrow when I weigh in.

Jeannie - maybe the threat of going out worked? Having that clean kitchen must have been a pleasant surprise...although I don't have that problem my husband, he's always cleaning and then saying "let's go out":wink:

Barb - I loved your idea of the M & M's:laugh: :laugh: I'm sure that there are plenty of women around the world that if drinking water included M & M's the Mars candy stock would go up:wink:

Ainslieglen - I love when you post, I especially enjoy hearing about all your travels to see your family:flowerforyou:

Rebel -:cry: so sad about your co worker, I too have shared my MFP journey with quite a few people that say they want to lose and a few even sighed up but didn't use it...I'm afraid that you have to want to really lose the weight and get healthy before it will work, and for some of us the added incentive of wanting to wear clothes that are haning in the closet:wink:

Barbie - so glad to hear that your knee is on the mend:flowerforyou: 7000 steps:noway: I am amazed, I'm lucky to get 8-9000 in on Sat or Sun and during the week if I hit 4500 I'm happy...I guess I need to figure out how to get more walking in.:huh:

Barbara(to be sz 10) - Enjoy your retreat and get refreshed :flowerforyou: I'm sure it will recharge your batteries.

Mimi - the first thing I did after you said you colored your hair was check your picutre....time for an update:drinker:

Viv - I know what you mean so much that you should do and not in the mood:ohwell: Every weekend I have the best of intentions of getting major projects done ...and well they are still there at the end of the weekend...maybe Sunday:ohwell:

Amanda - loved your outfit!:noway: Small feet? Me too, so it's sometimes hard for me to find shoes and when I do I keep them forever:smile:

Kackie - hope the procedure for your Hubby works....and since you had your face "fried" off please keep out of the sun:glasses: We wouldn't want you to have to go through that again.

I have much to do and best get to it. I will try to check in on Sat am and Sunday but it's going to be a busy weekend. Everyone have a good day and let's keep up our fight to get healthy:flowerforyou: and don't forget to drink your water:drinker: :drinker:

Laura:smile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

I don't have much time this morning as I have to drive out to my dad's and help with the gardening today. (its about an hour and 15 away)

I just came by to say

I DID IT:laugh: I got the scale to move. 2.8 pounds down:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am so happy I worked hard and really watched the food and sodium. I am so happy:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I will truly revel in my wine tonight.

Mimi - I can't wait to see your new hair. My LDL is 49 :blushing: so I need to improve that too. I am not worried. I know it will be better next year.

Have a great Friday!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Barbara, you are right, actually I overdid it yesterday……7000 steps plus many 20 minute sessions on the exercise bike was too much and today I am determined to do more sit down activities….your retreat in the mountains sounds wonderful….enjoy every moment and walk a lot.

:flowerforyou: Rebel, the story about your co-worker reminds me of the woman in my line dance class who dismissed the Isagenix/clean eating/MFP program I’ve been following with success for over a year and told me that she didn’t need it because she’d found a hypnotist…….now, many months later, she looks the same (maybe heavier) and have had to resist the impulse to ask “so, how’s the hypnosis working for you?”

:flowerforyou: Mimi, I looked up Eddie on Everything . I haven’t used it yet but I bookmarked it for later, thanks.

:flowerforyou: Robin, congrats on the downward turn of the scale

:flowerforyou: I have a scale that remembers your weight and compares it to yesterday, last week, 4, 8, and 12 weeks ago…….what I have noticed is that even though my posted weight (the one on my ticker) is one pound less than it was on April 1, my weight on the scale has wandered around in a four pound window……..sodium, slow digestion, heavy food, and many other factors contribute to the number on the scale…..I pay more attention to trends rather than a single number and no matter what the scale says, I never deviate from my plan…I don’t eat more to celebrate a loss or eat less to compensate for a gain. Right now I’m eating 1350 calories a day plus most of my exercise calories…..I try to be conservative about the exercise I post but I post everything.

:laugh: :flowerforyou: I just spent 20 minutes with an ice pack on my knee and I have the timer set to do it again in 90 minutes and will continue that until hubby gets home from the golf course and we go on a walk to the nearby lavender farm…..today is the beginning of the big weekend lavender festival and the farms will have food, wine, entertainment, and activities. We have two lavender plants in our yard and I’ll probably buy one more.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Rebel – U rock on riding your bicycle to work.

Mimi – Have fun looking in the mirror at the new you.

Kackie – Ouch on the skin cancer thing. My MIL has it, so I know about all the little cutting they do.

Robin – Woohoo! On the 2.8 pound loss. What a great way to start off the weekend.

Barbie - I hope your knee continues to improve. Enjoy your weekend.

I've told the kids no one is going anywhere this weekend or doing anything fun until the house is cleaned up. DD is working on polishing the furniture today. DS will put off everything he can until the absolute last second before the company walks in the house. Hubby doesn't know it yet, but he will be cutting the lawn this weekend. lol

It is sad to say but structure is a necessary part of life. Even sitting on a beach all day has structure from the tides.

Happy Friday to all,

Jeannie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Jeannie-
    :laugh: I think I need to have you come visit. Maybe if I had someone here to tell me what to do, this house would get cleaned up--oh never mind, it is hopeless!!!:ohwell:

Mimi-
    Can't wait to see your new hair color.

Amanda-
    I looked at your shoes. You are braver than I am:laugh: :laugh: I could never wear heels like that because of my back, and are they the same color as in the picture?:noway: :noway: When you mentioned you were changing your outfit before going out, I must confess to having a very funny mental picture of you walking down the street in those shoes with exercise shorts on.:laugh: :laugh:

Ainslieglen-
    It is good to hear from you. You are doing really well.

I need to make this brief as today is grocery shopping day for my mom and I have to get moving, so I am finished before it gets too hot out.

Barb
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Barb - yes, that's the colour of my shoes! Actually, they are not as high as they look in the picture - less than 3 inches high. I haven't been able to wear high heels for a long time because of my back, but I'm getting back into them for short periods of time. You will also be pleased to hear that I did change before walking to the hospital.

x