Trainers! (The shoe kind, HELP!)

Options
Hey guys!
I need shopping advice. I've been using my cheap running trainers for running and Insanity but they're starting to hurt and I'm noticing that I'm straining my ankles in them. I've been able to do my Insanity videos at home in just my socks, but I can feel that it isn't going to workout.
So... time to invest!
I need trainers that aren't simply running trainers- ones that are going to give me the support and flexibility that I need.
What can you recommend?

Replies

• Razzzzle
    Razzzzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest to goto a running shop and get fitted for a pair, and then buy online.

But your not after running shoes specifically, just goto a shop and spend £50 or so on a decent pair of well fitting nikes
  • FINALLY_MrsJones
    FINALLY_MrsJones Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I could also use some good advice in this category. My workouts are just treadmill work right now, but the shoes I currently wear aren't cutting it. I keep getting blisters on my ankles and pinky toes. :(
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I have flat, pronated feet and I wear Brooks shoes. They're so comfortable and I don't even need to put my SuperFeet insoles in them! Mine are part of their "Stability" line. www.brooksrunning.com. I've heard Aisics are good as well.
  • eme733
    eme733 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    reality is it totally depends on you and your feet. Personally i have a really high arch and a really narrow heel so the ONLY "trainers" that properly fit me are Muzanos but my friend thinks they are the most uncomfortable shoes on the planet because the arch hits her in the totally wrong spot. if you are running a lot then i would suggest going to a store that specializes in running, marathons or triathlons and get someone there to fit you properly. they will be able to tell you if you pronate, supernate etc and find you shoes that will support you. Make sure you tell them that you are doing Insanity so they can build that in the equation as you really SHOULD NOT be doing that in your socks. that is seriously high impact and is horrible on your ankles, knees and hips so you need good support and cushioning.

Also, unfortunately if you do run a lot you will need to replace those new trainers every 6 months... even if they still look brand new! when i was doing 60miles a week the shoes themselves still looked perfect but when i would go out and buy new shoes and put them on you suddenly FELT just how beat down the old ones were.... it is hard to suck it up and spend money when they dont look like they need replacing but trust me .... they do and you WILL feel the difference.

sorry that i could not tell you specifically what to buy but i hope this helps you out. Best of luck and ps.... you look FANTASTIC!!