Close to 50 and need to get back to being healthy

Options
Hello,
Thought I give this app a try. I was told by my doc to lose weight ( a lot of weight). So being a type2 person they suggest a new med to Rt and loose weight. long story short, it about killed me. So I'm trying a different approach, eating better and will try working out. Still sounds long journey.

Replies

• aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It is along journey but it is completely doable. I am 52, and gain a lot of weight during menopause, it was quite tough to lose the weight, but watching what I eat and working out 5-6 times a week, got the to great results. I am still counting my calories and working out, so I don't put it back.
    I will send you a friend request
  • leighsky
    leighsky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Alicia

Can i ask what exercises you did each day and what the routine was? I am stuck with the menopause weight gain...so frustrating!! Thank you.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hey, well done on deciding to get healthy! ☺️if you need any advice or just motivation in general then feel free to add me on here.

The journey is a long one and you'll have ups and downs but it'll be so worth it when you get to where you want to be - I'd advise taking some photos now at the start and keep taking photos throughout as they're super motivating when you're feeling down.

Best of luck with your journey, you'll smash it! Age is nothing but a number :)
  • raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Can't believe I am 59! Yes, age is just a #. Full of life and want more and better! I want friends here! I am motivated to do this. Lost 9-10 pounds so far in 2 month's. Focus and determination is the key!
  • Derek_McC
    Derek_McC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Just turned 48 this week and have been here 6 weeks. My MFP friends have been very helpful.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You are doing the right thing. Make small changes at first so you don't get overwhelmed. Log every BLT( bite, lick and taste )that goes in your mouth and walk as much as you can. Good luck and I am here everyday for mutual support if anyone wants to add me as a friend!