Favorite Core/Abs DVDs?

Options
ucaminax
ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
Hi there. I just started working out with a trainer once a week (among other stuff I do at the gym) andI'm not surprised that my core/abs are WEAK!!! They were never that strong to begin with, but after having my daughter a year and a half ago, I feel like there is NOTHING there! It is difficult for me to even get into some of the positions to begin the exercises she wants me to do, let alone doing the actual exercises. So, I am looking for a good recommendation for an abs/core workout dvd that I can do at home a couple of times a week, to supplement what I am doing at the gym. One that doesn't involve too much jumping around since we are in older apartments that transmit a lot of sound.
Thanks!
Kate

Replies

• ellykay7
    ellykay7 Posts: 26
    Options
    I highly recommend any Pilates videos (beginner to start). It is all about strengthening the core and there is no jumping around involved!
  • ucaminax
    Options
    Yeah, Pilates sounds good. Do you have a favorite one or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Pilates is awesome! I like the DVD's by Rael Isacowitz. Very calming and relaxing, but I sure feel it the next day. He has a 3 pack, but I would suggest you skip the first one and get System 17. With no pilates experience and weak abs, I just did what I could do until I could do all the moves and it worked for me. Do you have On Demand from your cable? They have some pilates too and it's free. I do find the girl a bit too perky but the moves are good.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love my boxing workout - but I'm an action kind of chick :happy:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,607 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite ab workout is Debbie Siebers' Slim & 6-Pack that comes with Slim in 6. It's 11 minutes long, has no jumping, and got my mid section in better shape than anything else I've ever done.
  • ucaminax
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, and keep 'em coming! :smile:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My favorite ab/core workout is from the Hip Hop Abs program it's call Last Minute Abs and Shaun T is the trainer. It's a 5 minute program, all standing work. Excellent results. I actually bought mine used on Amazon some time ago. You can look around and most likely find it without purchasing the entire Hip Hop Abs program (although it's an awesome and fun set). I still use this DVD regardless of the fitness program I'm following.

Prior to this, my favorite was Total Mix: The Complete Body Workout System. That DVD had 10 minute workouts for all parts of the body. There were 3 for the abs. All very good and I also saw quick results with them. The nice thing was that you could program any combination of 1-3 workouts and they would play back to back. All three of those workouts were floor only. I just prefer the standing workouts.
  • ellykay7
    ellykay7 Posts: 26
    Options
    As far as the Pilates I have a Mari Windsor Pilates video for beginners and love it. But I am sure that most of them are the same. Good luck!!
  • km1540
    km1540 Posts: 22
    Options
    I don't do one specific one. I do P90X ab ripper, as well as pilaties. I change it up so that my body/abs don't get used to one specific exercise.
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i recommend tracy anderson method - post preg. workout dvd
    she focuses on the abs for like 30 mins.
    and theres no jumping involved its all on a mat.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Ab RipperX is good.
    I like that one the best so far.