what do people think about fitbits?

Options
2»

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I adore mine! Yes, it is a bit addictive, but I need it. Just as I underestimate my food portions, I overestimate my movement. I rely on my Fitbit to help me with that.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I liked the challenges and the badges. That was fun and pushed me a little bit further. I felt like I went through Fitbits like crazy though. I always had to have it replaced because it would stop charging or the band would break. The customer support is very good about fixing the issue. I switched over to the Samsung Gearfit2 which doesn't do badges but I can still do challenges. Plus I can respond to text messages with quick reply which is something I couldn't do on my Fitbit. The Fitbit syncs to Mfp which is an added bonus.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I like mine, but in general I think people rely on them way too much. They're an estimation, just like any other fitness tracker.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit for about a year and a half, and it is a great tool to help get someone motivated and excited about moving more. I still wear my Charge HR daily and like that it keeps me and many others motivated to try and hit those daily goals.

However, it is not a fool-proof, 100% accurate device, but the numbers end up being a pretty good estimation of steps, distance, and calories burned.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I think they make a lot of people unnecessarily and overly obsessive...
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I think they make a lot of people unnecessarily and overly obsessive...

If it breaks, they get pissed like they aren't taking steps and panic.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I think they are ok but prefer my Apple Watch more now as it does a lot more than just track keeping track of my activity during the day.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Been using one since 2014... Went from flex to charge hr.