Do You Even Phone Book, Bro?

Options
PurringMyrrh
PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
Look at this skinny rat tail of a phone book. Look at it! 'Member when they were like dictionary status? Feelin' old.
20160818_014459_1.jpg

I find it a little sad that it has its own demise right on the side. 'To opt out of this book, go to the internet and...'

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    How come Nevada City isn't in Nevada?

• PurringMyrrh
    Options
    How come Nevada City isn't in Nevada?

Nevada City had the name Nevada years before the state did (1850s vs. 1860s), so you'll have to ask those thieving basstids.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I saw a phone book on the driveway and said "People still use these" and dropped it back on the ground.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I just realized they probably didn't get smaller because of the internet; they probably got smaller because some whiny vaginy was offended they couldn't rip one of the older ones in half. Instead of trying to get stronger, they cried enough until phone books were rippable for everyone.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    You still get a participation trophy even if you can't rip the phone book in half.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Isn't that just the Yellow Pages, not an entire phone book with home numbers (that mother was HUGE)? What's sad is that the enormous waste of paper lasted as long as it did.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    Door stops just aren't what they used to be.

They were also step stools themselves or an extra step when you need 4 but your step ladder, only has 3 & a higher seat, so that a petite person; can see over the steering wheel.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Phone books are laughable these days, they used to be the cornerstone of communication, every household had one. My parents used to keep one for each area, now I have my own place I used to keep the odd phone book that got delivered for mere nostalgia but I binned them all cos I realised I will literally never use it. I agree it is a waste of paper I doubt many people use em
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    As an immature teenager the yellow pages was the equivalent to the bible for prank calling.
    I don't even get a yellow pages where I live, they must have heard of me :(

I believe only those that still, use their landlines; receive them.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I get excited when i see a phone book now. It's easier to see some things sometimes.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I have an old cell phone that is my "Land Line" connected through wifi.