Calorie Calculators

All the calorie calculators say I should be eating around 1800 calories, but I'm only eating 1300-1500. I know all bodies are different, but am I just suppressing my metabolism?

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    That really all depends on your current weight, how much you want to lose every week and how active you are. If you are under eating because of you're active, then you could slow down your metabolism.
  • clee1898
    clee1898 Posts: 28 Member
    Bxqtie116 wrote: »
    That really all depends on your current weight, how much you want to lose every week and how active you are. If you are under eating because of you're active, then you could slow down your metabolism.
    I exercise four times a week, running on average 40 minutes, a little over four miles. and tomorrow I leave for college.
    I want to maintain and my maintenance calories are supposedly 1800, according to a nutritionist I saw and calorie calculators.
  • monicaw44
    monicaw44 Posts: 71 Member
    your metabolism doesnt have anything to do with digesting calories. your metabolic rate is the speed that you process your food whether you eat one calorie or one hundred calories, so..no.