Mamas (or dadas) who jog w/ their littles

Options
I recently signed up for a 5k, and plan on taking my little one with. Shes 3, and I have a bike trailer/jogger single. Ive never done this before, and am kinda worried about how cumbersome the stroller might be. Anyone used these before in a crowd? Any advice?

Replies

• cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    We consistently walk that length with ours. I personally think you will be fine. If it gets to be too much, just walk and enjoy the experience with your daughter. She won't care how quickly you finish.
  • braintown
    braintown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with this, but I might contact the race coordinators and ask.

But I commented to say: there are 5ks specifically for parents with kids in strollers. Or at least ones where that is welcome and they specifically accommodate it. If you want to do another one in the future, that might be a great fit.

Anyway, good luck and have a great time!
  • maryann9wood
    maryann9wood Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Check on-line race rules. Many do not allow strollers due to their insurance. If it is allowed, please start near the back of the starting group, and be very careful in over-lapping loops, or sections with runners passing in both directions. Fast runners focus on their speed, not on being polite to you. Just get out of their way and everyone will be happy.