Be Brilliant at the Basics!

Coach,
RG

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    As a hypoglycemic, this post is potentially dangerous; as well. Fasting for me'd be fatal, I'd like to lose weight; without decomposing!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Who the hell endorses such drivel?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,227 Member
    Options
    I like the 'deep sleep' suggestion. :grin:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    generic post is generic.
  • rgtennis21
    rgtennis21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Thanks for leaving the comments...:). These we're personal health tips that have been very beneficial to me. Totally fine if anybody disagrees. Wanted to share, start a lively discussion and see if my tips could help anybody else.
    This is a journey not the destination for me.
    Process of gradually improving day by day.
    I know it's not perfect but trying to enhance the quality of my life.
    Love to hear anybody's health tips or tricks
  • ollebarim
    ollebarim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As a hypoglycemic, this post is potentially dangerous; as well. Fasting for me'd be fatal, I'd like to lose weight; without decomposing!

Not true, fasting can be a way to overcoming hypoglycemia.
    Read the book "eat stop eat" and educate your self. Maybe you just don't want to fast and have a food addiction. A lot of people use the excuse that they can't fast just because they don't want to.
  • ollebarim
    Options

You endorse it by commenting on it hater. Here's a health hack, don't call people names maybe you won't get whooped some day.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    ollebarim wrote: »

You endorse it by commenting on it hater. Here's a health hack, don't call people names maybe you won't get whooped some day.

No one called anyone a name but you....
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    rgtennis21 wrote: »
    Super simple but highly effective health tips:
    - Water/Carbonated Water
    - Intermittent Fast
    - Workout (Bike, Swim, Run)
    - Greens (Blend, Sautéed, Salad)
    - Quality Protein
    - Epsom salt bath
    - Deep Sleep

Coach,
    RG

Some of this may seem basic, but there's too much hate on this thread so I'll give my two cents:
    1. Water is good. Necessary. Since I've started losing weight I've probably about doubled my water intake. I had a conversation with a very overweight woman I work with who said she probably drinks about one bottles worth of water a day. I imagine she has many sodas throughout the day though. Another coworker asked me what advice I could give her to lose weight and drinking more water was the first thing I said. It's not as obvious as people might think.
    2. IF; done it. Worked and lost weight doing it. Will surely do it again. An effective weight loss strategy.
    3. YUP
    4. DOUBLE YUP
    5. lean protein like chicken, turkey and pork loin go a long way with little calories. Good advice.
    6. Done Epsom salt baths; prepare to sweat! But I think that's the point. Will probably do one tomorrow after my morning run. useful
    7. Ehhh, not sure you can really control this. 95% of the time I'm lights out by 11pm and up at 7, but according to my Garmin tracker my light sleep to deep sleep ratio is about 2:1. Not sure how to judge this one.

I would add weigh and log your food is your serious about weight loss. Guessing just won't get the job done.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    lolz
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    - Water/Carbonated Water
    - Intermittent Fast
    - Quality Protein
    - Epsom salt bath
    - Deep Sleep

Coach,
    RG

What about resistance work? The American College of Sports Medicine, Heart Association, Harvard Med, etc recommend some resistance exercise for almost everyone/
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We all appreciate your thoughts but you dropped the ball, Dude :) Calling us a bunch of haters is not helping you at all.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Tell me about your reasoning behind Epsom salt baths. I have a friend who swears by them but although I've tried them a few times I've never felt any benefits. Googling it I see "In water, it breaks down into magnesium and sulfate. The theory is that when you soak in an Epsom salt bath, these get into your body through your skin. That hasn't been proven, but just soaking in warm water can help relax muscles and loosen stiff joints.". WebMD
  • ollebarim
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Saying that the post is drivel is saying that it's nonsense If it was directed at me I would take it as him calling me a fool. I thought everyone would know what drivel meant but guess not. Homes, you trippin if you think I'm hating. I'm allergic to that hateraid!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Saying that the post is drivel is saying that it's nonsense If it was directed at me I would take it as him calling me a fool. I thought everyone would know what drivel meant but guess not. Homes, you trippin if you think I'm hating. I'm allergic to that hateraid!

Well then you would be reading into something that wasn't there...
  • thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    - Water/Carbonated Water
    - Intermittent Fast
    - Quality Protein
    - Epsom salt bath
    - Deep Sleep

Coach,
    RG

Some of this may seem basic, but there's too much hate on this thread so I'll give my two cents:
    1. Water is good. Necessary. Since I've started losing weight I've probably about doubled my water intake. I had a conversation with a very overweight woman I work with who said she probably drinks about one bottles worth of water a day. I imagine she has many sodas throughout the day though. Another coworker asked me what advice I could give her to lose weight and drinking more water was the first thing I said. It's not as obvious as people might think.
    2. IF; done it. Worked and lost weight doing it. Will surely do it again. An effective weight loss strategy.
    3. YUP
    4. DOUBLE YUP
    5. lean protein like chicken, turkey and pork loin go a long way with little calories. Good advice.
    6. Done Epsom salt baths; prepare to sweat! But I think that's the point. Will probably do one tomorrow after my morning run. useful
    7. Ehhh, not sure you can really control this. 95% of the time I'm lights out by 11pm and up at 7, but according to my Garmin tracker my light sleep to deep sleep ratio is about 2:1. Not sure how to judge this one.

I would add weigh and log your food is your serious about weight loss. Guessing just won't get the job done.

Yup I like this too

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Not true, fasting can be a way to overcoming hypoglycemia.
    Read the book "eat stop eat" and educate your self. Maybe you just don't want to fast and have a food addiction. A lot of people use the excuse that they can't fast just because they don't want to.

So the OP is 22, your 21, you're both male, from the same city/state & all of your posts're in defense of the OP, so I suspect you're the OP.

Please provide independent double blind study links, thank you but I do agree that dying'd cause me, to overcome; my hypoglycemia & my addiction to remain alive, wouldn't equate with being a food addict; since that'd kill me.