Fluctuating weight

Options
A year ago I had lost 20 lbs, but then got sidetracked and gained 50lbs! I'm constantly fluctuating and need help staying motivated in losing 80lbs. Any advice or motivation?

Replies

• hayleyf6051
    hayleyf6051 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good question! Would also be grateful for people's thoughts.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Regular weigh ins are a good idea so you can take action before weight gain gets out of hand would be my top tip.

I have a 5lb rule, if I get to top of my goal range I know its time to take action and eat at deficit once more.

You have to want to be slimmer/fitter badly enough to keep working at it all the time - totally worth it though :smile:
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Why did you get sidetracked? What's your biggest obstacle? :+1:

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I started doing low carb high fat in January of this year. I also self imposed 1500 cals a day MFP suggested something like 2200 in the beginning and now is saying a little less than 2000 cals. I have done no exercise. I have lost 90 pounds and have not been hungry or had cravings. Check out dietdoctor.com. I weigh every day and my weight fluctuates but the overall trend is down. Average is 3+ pounds lost per week.

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You have to decide for yourself if you're really ready to make the necessary changes to get healthy. When you start feeling discouraged, go over to the success page on the boards and read about and see others transformations. Seeing other peoples before and after pics will help you get the right mindset that you can do this too.