Options
2»

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    minime0424 wrote: »
    Snickerscharlie I am at the big round circle on the chart you posted, I excercise, stick to my calorie intake, and I just had a checkup last week and all looks well. I'm just going to chop it up to water weight or that I'm just starting to lose slower.....and that's ok, I knew that would happen eventually. Just wanted to see from others if maybe by dropping my calories I accidentally put my body in starvation mode. Thank for everyone's replys!! Very much appreciated!!

You're okay there. Starvation mode (the idea that your body clings to fat if you eat too little) is mostly a myth. In your case, patience is the best approach. The smaller you get, the slower it comes off..and that's okay. RoxieDawn's advice is spot on. The only other thing I would encourage you to do is to drop the deadline, as more often than not, those usually do more harm than good. Just think of good health as a lifelong process..we're never really "done". :)
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    So that I am always keeping my metabolism up, the more small meals you eat throughout the day the better you keep your metabolism functioning. Your supposed to eat every two to three hours to keep your metabolism up.

You do know the exact opposite is true, right?

When you eat like that, you are continually releasing insulin into your body. This prevents your body from using fat stores as energy .
    Plus it's harder to track and you've more chance of under-recording your calories.
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yep that's the truth!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    pdm3547 wrote: »
    So that I am always keeping my metabolism up, the more small meals you eat throughout the day the better you keep your metabolism functioning. Your supposed to eat every two to three hours to keep your metabolism up.

When you eat like that, you are continually releasing insulin into your body. This prevents your body from using fat stores as energy .
    Plus it's harder to track and you've more chance of under-recording your calories.

That's not true either. Your body will use fat stores as energy when all of the readily available carbs in your system are used up. Anyone who eats less than they burn in a day will access their fat stores.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I go flipping weeks without a loss. In fact I bounce up more than I slide down but it all works out in the end and my measurements are reducing the entire time so it's just the scale being contrary. So try not to rely on just one metric (the scales) to track progress, it's a recipe for misery and frustration especially as you creep closer to goal.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    pdm3547 wrote: »

That's not true either. Your body will use fat stores as energy when all of the readily available carbs in your system are used up. Anyone who eats less than they burn in a day will access their fat stores.

Yes, you're right of course.

I should have been clearer in my original post.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    SOLID COMMENTS!
    I have learned so much just lurking...

My own experience with over-reaching paints a clear picture. When I lower calories too much, I get these wonderful results for about 3 weeks, and then everything just craters.
    My metabolism stifles, my hunger levels skyrocket, and I begin a fast regression.
    This is most folks on crash diets.

On MFP I learned how to properly set weight loss goals that are reasonable, steady and lasting.
    It's not a race, so heed the above advice, follow the MFP recommendations and get into your own zone.

Good Luck!
    <3
  • minime0424
    Options
    Yeah, that's actually not true pdm3547, anytime you eat under the calories needed to maintain your current weight, your body pulls from your fat stores to ensure it gets the calories it needs for the day, therefore causing weight loss. Also, your not going to under record you calories eaten if your logging exactly what you are eating and not eating more then what you have logged. I also have to eat every few hours because I am hypoglycemic.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    if it isn't broke don't fix it. why did you change what was working? I'd change it back.
  • minime0424
    Options
    This is my second round of losing weight, I dropped 30 pounds in three months before becoming pregnant with my son a couple years ago with MFP. I gained 80 pounds during my pregnancy which sucked and that is now what I am trying to take off plus a little extra lol. I've set date goals because by doing so it helps to keep me accountable. I know that I'm not going to meet every mark to a T, but it's the big one that I guess you could call me slightly obsessive about meeting because that one is the most important ( get down from 209.6 to 190 by November 4th this year.
  • minime0424
    Options
    Elisa123gal, that is exactly what I am going to do!!