Meniscus/lower leg stiffness

Options
Back in October this year I managed to tweak my knee. My knee buckled a few times, had some stiffness and soreness. I saw an orthopedic doctor and she said it was probably my meniscus. I opted to do PT and wait for an MRI. During that time I quit running and did most of my workouts on the stairmaster and elliptical. It has been great until recently I picked my running up again. I will admit I probably ramped my mileage up a little too quickly and now I am having issues again. I am having no pain, but the inside of my knee all the way down to my heel gets really stiff. I am wondering if the stiffness is caused by my knee? I have started doing PT exercises again, foam rolling, icing, etc. I have a 10k tomorrow and would really love to run/walk it. As soon as I am warmed up the stiffness goes away and my knee feels great the rest of the day until later at night. Don't know if I should risk the running tomorrow :neutral:

Replies

• Valpinglow
    Valpinglow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do you have a relationship with your physical therapist such that you could give him/her a call and get their opinion?
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not really, I live about 40min away and have 2 kids so it is hard to get in. I am thinking I should just schedule an MRI so I at least know what it is for sure.