failing to stay under every day

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If I was starting my 1200 calorie day off with fruit and cheerios I'd be ravenous as well. It's sugar. What about protein?

Also, if you're trying to create a 1000 calorie deficit...Maybe just don't. How about 500 or split the difference and go for 750?
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm still confused. I did what MFP said when I put in my stats. I put in sedentary & maintain weight to come up with 1700 maintenance calories. Then because I wanted to see what the numbers were I put in lose 0.5, 1 & 2 pounds. All came back to eat about 1200 (at a 0.5 loss I think it said 1230 or something like that). I came up with the idea of upping the # to 1300 just to emotionally make myself feel better.

When I'm "bad" & eat & drink -- especially drink -- what I want, I understand why I'm over. That was a choice. When I'm good & eat in moderation but still fail to meet my goal I feel down on myself. That's the frustrating part.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    MandaB9780 wrote: »
    I would recommend that for you snacks, get rid of the fiber one bars and perhaps replace it with a protein shake that is 200 calories or less. I don't eat back my workout calories as I wasn't losing when I was. I've checked with my doctor and personal trainer and they both agree that it was the right move for me.

The Fiber one bar is 90 calories. I have no place to make a protein shake during the day. My work place does not have a kitchen. We have a tiny fridge, a coffee maker & a microwave.

I take my protein powder to work in a little pot and mix it with a shaker bottle. No kitchen required!