Vegan Girl

Options
PrettyLikeDrugz
PrettyLikeDrugz Posts: 10 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm looking for friends to help/motivate me to lose weight the healthy way. I've suffered with anorexia my whole life and during last treatment stay was put on terrible medication that made me gain too much weight. I'm now at 210lbs and trying to remain healthy while losing it. Please help!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Are you working with your treatment team?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Do your treatment team know you are on here?
  • PrettyLikeDrugz
    Options
    I'm actually looking for a new team to work with, but I am still in touch with a very special counselor.

I did not agree with all the pharmaceuticals they wanted me to take.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    If you want to be healthy I don't think calling your post ana girl is a good start
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Logging your food on a site like this can be a massive trigger if you are not well on your way to recovery.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Ok, does your very special counselor know you are posting here?
  • PrettyLikeDrugz
    Options
    What does me posting here have to do with anything? Are y'all the trolls of the fitness app community or something? Wow.
  • Beav73
    Beav73 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey..Get good plan and work hard
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    What does me posting here have to do with anything? Are y'all the trolls of the fitness app community or something? Wow.

Just trying to stop you getting Ill again that's all. Calorie counting can become obsessive for any one, let alone some one with a history of an ED.

Normally when you are recovering you are set a plan. It will say no weighing yourself, no more than 30 minutes exercise, must eat xyz amount of food etc.
  • PrettyLikeDrugz
    Options
    I wasn't referring to you RunAroundAField, I was referring to the one who asked "does your very special counselor know your posting on here."

This is the only way I can make sure I'm getting the amount of calories I NEED. If I don't track my food, I will just not eat at all. At least this way, if I don't log my food in, I can get a reminder to do so.
  • PrettyLikeDrugz
    Options
    And I don't own a scale, but I went to the doctor Wednesday and discussed my weight loss and TRACKING MY FOOD.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I wasn't referring to you RunAroundAField, I was referring to the one who asked "does your very special counselor know your posting on here."

This is the only way I can make sure I'm getting the amount of calories I NEED. If I don't track my food, I will just not eat at all. At least this way, if I don't log my food in, I can get a reminder to do so.

So why not just say that instead of calling people trolls?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    And I don't own a scale, but I went to the doctor Wednesday and discussed my weight loss and TRACKING MY FOOD.

Then best of luck with it. I would set your self to a very slow rate of loss. Work out your TDEE and eat 100 calories below it. Make sure you get adequate protein and fats.

Don't rush it, slow and steady is the way to do it healthily :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

That's fine. Just, as a community, we get concerned with giving people advice in direct conflict of what their recovery team/doctors want.
  • PrettyLikeDrugz
    Options

I shouldn't have to explain myself to anyone. I came here asking for friends to help and she trolled my post. I mean that's what she did. If she wasn't interested in helping, she could have minded her own business and kept it moving.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I shouldn't have to explain myself to anyone. I came here asking for friends to help and she trolled my post. I mean that's what she did. If she wasn't interested in helping, she could have minded her own business and kept it moving.

Wow... good luck OP, I think you're going to need it.
  • PrettyLikeDrugz
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Many treatment teams/counselors do not feel that exposure to weight loss forums (especially since there can be some very bad advice given out in these forums that counter what your treatment team may want for you) is beneficial to recovery.

In addition, counting calories in general can cause people to spiral into disordered behavior again. This may not be a problem for you, but you really should be working with a professional and get their advice for dealing with a weight loss/calorie counting site.

As I just explained, I discussed this ALL with my doctor Wednesday. Look, I'm not a 15 years old girl. I'm a 40 year old woman. I didn't come here for therapy, I'm here to lose weight and STAY healthy.
  • PrettyLikeDrugz
    Options
    40 year olds who don't want to relapse don't refer to themselves as ana

But that's the disorder I have. And that would be helpful in letting people be aware that I DO have a disorder. The thing to do if I wanted to relapse would be asking people for motivation and ways to lose weight without making them aware of my history. I clearly said I wanted help losing weight and REMAINING HEALTHY and if you're not on my post to do that, what are you on my post for? To argue about ME??