So nervous

Options
2»

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have a completely unreasonable fear of the dentist. I went for the first time in about 15 years a couple months ago because I thought I might have a cavity. I went to a dentist that did sedation, but decided not to get completely put out & just go with the gas instead. It is supposed to calm you down. I didn't feel any calmer at all--literally no effect & my insurance didn't cover it so it was expensive.

I would ask for a prescription for a couple Valium instead--that's got to be cheaper & probably more effective. I didn't end up having a cavity, but they did do a filling because they said that the groove in my tooth was so deep that it could get a cavity very easily. They numbed me up before giving me the numbing shot & it was all totally painless. I was still crying & hyperventilating by the end of it though--soooo embarrassing. I would rather have any other kind of surgery than go to the dentist.
  • TigerLilly03
    TigerLilly03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    I have a completely unreasonable fear of the dentist. I went for the first time in about 15 years a couple months ago because I thought I might have a cavity. I went to a dentist that did sedation, but decided not to get completely put out & just go with the gas instead. It is supposed to calm you down. I didn't feel any calmer at all--literally no effect & my insurance didn't cover it so it was expensive.

I would ask for a prescription for a couple Valium instead--that's got to be cheaper & probably more effective. I didn't end up having a cavity, but they did do a filling because they said that the groove in my tooth was so deep that it could get a cavity very easily. They numbed me up before giving me the numbing shot & it was all totally painless. I was still crying & hyperventilating by the end of it though--soooo embarrassing. I would rather have any other kind of surgery than go to the dentist.

I said the samething. I rather have surgery. Tuesday is my first app. Haven't been to the dentist in over 9 years. Yea my insurance doesnt cover the gas. I hope it goes well.