Replies

• Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    great work! you women with kids always are inspiring!!
  • ChristyLane24
    ChristyLane24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I've been getting a lot of questions regarding my weight loss journey and how I have managed to lose the amount that I have so I thought I would write a quick post. I knew when I first decided I wanted to change my life that is exactly what I would have to do in order to be successful in this journey. I also knew I would have to sacrifice things that I loved to eat in order to make positive changes in my weight. People always ask me what my secrets are and to be honest I committed to exercises and eating healthy 70/30 at the time and that's pretty much it. I started with walking and then increasing and changing my cardio activities. I bought a used 40 dollar elliptical and did at home programs. I never once went to the gym. I took a lot of pictures because even when the scale wasn't moving I saw progress in those pictures.

The only thing I gave up completely was drinking pop. I had an okay diet to began with but focused on a low cal diet for probably 2 years. I drank 8-10 glasses of water daily. This is what worked for me. What has helped me the most to continue to lose weight is communities like this and all the positive feedback. I've always said I just want to be healthy and my weight is just a number. I'm still working on bettering myself everyday. When I started at 239 pounds I never thought I would get here but here I am.

Today, my goals have changed. I still have a few areas that needed some toning and I'm playing with my Marcos and focusing on a high protein diet and building muscles which is sort of new for me. I'm still doing cardio almost everyday but I switch it up do my body doesn't get use to it. I've done a lot of kayaking and hiking this summer. I have a gym membership now (only bought it because I get an amazing corporate discount). I love to workout outside and in the comfort of my own home. I'm a mom I am busy.
  • ChristyLane24
    ChristyLane24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!