Motivation issue

With night shift and stress of life it's hard to keep consistent! I stress and don't eat or I stress and eat everything. I'm doing the warrior dash tomorrow and I'm making that my starting point again. I HATE starting again. I feel like a failure in failing myself AGAIN. I'm still under my weight and lost more weight but I'm so tired of restarting!
How to keep motivated!?

Replies

• MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    This will be your first day to your last restart!!! You got this :)
  • akanelpn
    akanelpn Posts: 14 Member
    Nice way to think of it! Thank you!
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Make a motivation poster. Cut out magazine images of people you admire, words/phrases that light a fire in you, activities you yearn to try. Paste them all together in a collage, and hang it where you'll see it often.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Great link!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Think of it as a journey with ups and downs. If you are driving somewhere and you make a wrong turn, do you stop and go home so you can start again? Well, hopefully you make adjustments (rerouting), get back on track, and continue your trip. That's pretty much how life is, and weight loss & fitness are part of life.
  • akanelpn
    akanelpn Posts: 14 Member
    I'm rerouting tomorrow!
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    I think if you are having to restart it means that you were struggling to keep a grip on discipline. There's nothing wrong with you and you didn't fail. If it was hard for you to stay on your plan, then maybe the plan failed you.

Think about what you had the most difficulty with and what would make it easier. You can't expect to do the same exact thing as before and get a different outcome.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Baby steps. Make your goals smaller and more manageable. It's better to develop sustainable good habits than it is to have one awesome day and then not continue.