Have you lowered your blood pressure?

Options
2»

Replies

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have indeed lowered my BP, a whole lot in fact. Weight loss and walking an hour a day. Got me off the meds completely. Really hated those meds, and I could tell they were hard on my body too. I was on lisinopril, amlodipine, and atenolol.

I try to keep the sodium below 3000 daily, but I don't go crazy about it. Sodium hasn't been a huge player in this for me.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Yes. I did not have issues with blood pressure until I was 36, I'm now 38. I lost weight and was taken off of my blood pressure meds. I don't eat low sodium either.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Yup, used to be around 140/90, now it's 115/65.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    How's your cholesterol and triglycerides? If those are out of wack then fixing those may also help your bp
  • lakegirlcat
    lakegirlcat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to Pritikin.com and read what they say. Just got back from 2 weeks there along with 2 friends. All off our BP med in just a few days. My friend also no longer requires dibetes med. She took BP med for 12 years. You may think you are on a low sodium diet but if you eat out or eat any processed foods more than likely you consume more than 1250 mgs daily. Read the articles on hypertension and reading labels.