Options
13»

Replies

• Kindrex30
    Kindrex30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    LisaKay91 wrote: »
    LisaKay91 wrote: »
    I am curious about your state's government assistance program. A single parent would never be denied food stamps here in AZ, even if they had a job.

I believe all of the states in the US have income cutoffs whether you are a single parent or not

Yes but she's unemployed. It doesn't make sense.

Yeah that part doesn't make much sense. They could be using her assets against her if she owns a vehicle or has money in a checking account?

How do you pay for rent/utilities/etc if you are unemployed? I do hope you find a job soon! Grocery shopping can be daunting when you're trying to eat healthier and don't have a lot of money to do it. Back when I had to make things stretch I stuck with the basics- rice, chicken, frozen vegetables.

Try calling 2-1-1 and see if you can get in touch with food banks in your area.. around here they just require your ID and social security card of the household and you get food every 2-6 weeks

I mainly lived off grants for school. I stayed on the honor roll and got most of it paid for. I also owe my parents and brother a ton of money. They help me all they can. Before I started school I was fine and had a steady income and would help them out. But the last few months I've just been focusing on finishing school. My brother is a bartender and both of my parents are retired. They don't have much but we're always helping each other all we can. I don't plan on being in this bind for more than a month. I have 3 interviews coming this week. So we'll see!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Do you have a food scale? You could still eat macaroni and hamburger helper. Just measure out 1 serving size for yourself. That's what I do and have lost a good amount of weight.
  • Kindrex30
    Kindrex30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do you have a food scale? You could still eat macaroni and hamburger helper. Just measure out 1 serving size for yourself. That's what I do and have lost a good amount of weight.

I do have a food scale. And I use it a lot. And if I never eat hamburger helper again in my life it'll be too soon! Lol.
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Kindrex30 wrote: »

I do have a food scale. And I use it a lot. And if I never eat hamburger helper again in my life it'll be too soon! Lol.

I feel that way about canned ravioli! We ate so dang much of it as kids...and loved it. Now the thought turns my stomach. Good luck with your interviews!