Does anyone pre input food into their log?

Options
13»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It's the only way I have succeeded so far. Here I am at work with an abundance of free junk in the kitchen. I know, because I planned, that I'll have a great dinner when I get home and I know, because I planned, how I'm going to get my calories and nutrition after I get home. That free junk doesn't tempt me.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    khaled_685 wrote: »
    sporter90 wrote: »
    My problem is I end up being really hungry
    If your food has a lot of carbs yes you will feel hungry right away cause carbs digested so fast comparing to the natural fat
    If you change your diet to be low carb high fat then you will eat really less and you will never feel hungry ever again , even sometimes you will forget did you eat today or not

Unless you're like me and eat 50-60% of your daily calories in carbs and is not hungry between meals. Some people are more satiated with less carbs not all people. No one rule of macro eating works for everyone. I would be starving and failing miserably if I followed your suggestion of low carb, high fat. Instead I'll stick with my low fat, high carb and continue to add to my current loss of 100 pounds.

ETA: In regards to the OP, I usually pre-log a basic idea of what I'm planning on eating for a few days in advance and allow for any craving/surprise adjustments as needed.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    khaled_685 wrote: »
    sporter90 wrote: »
    My problem is I end up being really hungry
    If your food has a lot of carbs yes you will feel hungry right away cause carbs digested so fast comparing to the natural fat
    If you change your diet to be low carb high fat then you will eat really less and you will never feel hungry ever again , even sometimes you will forget did you eat today or not

Unless you're like me and eat 50-60% of your daily calories in carbs and is not hungry between meals. Some people are more satiated with less carbs not all people. No one rule of macro eating works for everyone. I would be starving and failing miserably if I followed your suggestion of low carb, high fat. Instead I'll stick with my low fat, high carb and continue to add to my current loss of 100 pounds.

ETA: In regards to the OP, I usually pre-log a basic idea of what I'm planning on eating for a few days in advance and allow for any craving/surprise adjustments as needed.

Strangely, carbs actually are satiating for me AND they really help me have more energy. Strange I know, because most people say carbs make them feel sluggish. But to each their own.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yes! By inputting my foods the evening before, I know that I have the items on hand that I will need. Sometimes I tweak my plan the next day, but usually just minor changes to make sure I have all my macros balanced the way I want. It makes things easier for me. I also lay out my clothes for the next day, too, so maybe there is some kinda compulsion here. All I can say is that it works for me.
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Always
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Yes. I typically pre-log breakfast and dinner and then work lunch and snacks around that.