Shrimp Recipes?

Options
olymp1a
olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
Hey all! Does anyone have a favorite shrimp recipe to share? Preferably not fried (stir fried is fine).

I tried some patties the other day but they were not nice and I have still a lot of shrimps left which need to be cooked tomorrow.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    In. Love my prawns!
  • mishii28
    mishii28 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy this cilantro lime shrimp recipe. I usually pair it with a vegetable rice pilaf or throw it in my salads.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/cilantro-lime-shrimp/
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    mishii28 wrote: »
    I really enjoy this cilantro lime shrimp recipe. I usually pair it with a vegetable rice pilaf or throw it in my salads.

Nice!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/lemon-garlic-shrimp-and-grits-recipe.html

I just prepared this for myself. Cant tell you what i think becsuse i ended up eating mcdonalds last night.
  • olymp1a
    Options

Looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing!
  • olymp1a
    Options
  • starfruitvj
    starfruitvj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love this shrimp and scallion stir-fry recipe. I usually add some extra green veggies like asparagus or peas and serve over sushi rice for an under 500 calorie meal. http://www.marthastewart.com/343880/shrimp-and-scallion-stir-fry?xsc=soc_pin_2014_1_10_Food_DinnerRecipes_e&crlt.pid=camp.sqLTl1LbqWwI
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/lemon-garlic-shrimp-and-grits-recipe.html

I just prepared this for myself. Cant tell you what i think becsuse i ended up eating mcdonalds last night.
    Okay, I had a really crappy day and eating this made me feel a little happier.

• mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Just made this last week! It's a regular in my recipes. My kids love it , too. It's really, really good and ridiculously easy/fast!

It would probably be good with some cous cous. Black beans also. Mmmmm.
  • kekeke123
    kekeke123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't have a link but you can put them in vietnamese spring rolls
  • mishii28
    mishii28 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Just made this last week! It's a regular in my recipes. My kids love it , too. It's really, really good and ridiculously easy/fast!

It would probably be good with some cous cous. Black beans also. Mmmmm.

It is silly easy! I've also used them in some shrimp tacos :smile: it was so yummy
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It's not a shrimp recipe per se, but I have a favorite salad with shrimp. It's a crap ton of dark leafy greens, a good 150g of red cabbage, 30-50g shredded carrot, 100g cucumber, 100+grams of avocado, some garlic powder and here is the game changer...sesame oil, a dash of chili oil, and soy sauce. And the shrimp of course. The avocado makes the whole salad kind of creamy and the sesame oil...holy crap it's so good. I eat it without the shrimp too.
  • olymp1a
    Options
    Thank you all for the great ideas! I want to try them all! :smiley:
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Ina Garten's roasted shrimp cocktail: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-shrimp-cocktail-recipe.html
    I eat it as a snack or throw it in salads. Simple and tasty!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You mentioned that stir-fried recipes for shrimp is fine, so why not either shrimp stir fry or shrimp fried rice? Both can be healthy if you make it yourself and control what ingredients go into it. Also very simple to make.

For shrimp stir fry, add 1 Tbsp oil to a pan or wok [a well seasoned wok is preferred, since it reduces the amount of oil needed]. Heat up the oil and fry the shrimp until they're well cooked. Add diced onion, garlic and [if you want] ginger and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes [this infuses the oil with the onion/garlic/ginger blend]. Move the mix to the side of the pan and add 2 Tbsp oil. Let it heat up then add whatever vegetables/fruit you want to add [there's no limit to what you can add. I usually chop up whatever vegetables I have on hand, occasionally adding pineapple chunks to the mix]. Stir-fry everything together for 3-5 minutes. Mix in soy sauce and hoisin sauce [usually 1 Tbsp of each, but you can add more if wanted] and blend well. Add a little water [1/4 cup should be enough] and stir-fry until the water reduces [this will make a thick sauce]. Remove from heat and add a bit of sesame oil if desired.

One serving of just the base [shrimp, onions, garlic, ginger, sauces] is around 200 calories per serving. It's perfect on steamed rice or noodles.

• theg1ngerp1r4te
    theg1ngerp1r4te Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is one I did this week. I sauteed the shrimp with seasonings then made a thin crepe-like egg layer in the pan. layered spinach, shrimp, and half a piece of bacon, then rolled it up like a burrito and put some cheese sauce over the top.

y6rvdc9n9t9f.jpg
    me90j6xfs0mm.jpg
  • olymp1a
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    You mentioned that stir-fried recipes for shrimp is fine, so why not either shrimp stir fry or shrimp fried rice? Both can be healthy if you make it yourself and control what ingredients go into it. Also very simple to make.

For shrimp stir fry, add 1 Tbsp oil to a pan or wok [a well seasoned wok is preferred, since it reduces the amount of oil needed]. Heat up the oil and fry the shrimp until they're well cooked. Add diced onion, garlic and [if you want] ginger and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes [this infuses the oil with the onion/garlic/ginger blend]. Move the mix to the side of the pan and add 2 Tbsp oil. Let it heat up then add whatever vegetables/fruit you want to add [there's no limit to what you can add. I usually chop up whatever vegetables I have on hand, occasionally adding pineapple chunks to the mix]. Stir-fry everything together for 3-5 minutes. Mix in soy sauce and hoisin sauce [usually 1 Tbsp of each, but you can add more if wanted] and blend well. Add a little water [1/4 cup should be enough] and stir-fry until the water reduces [this will make a thick sauce]. Remove from heat and add a bit of sesame oil if desired.

One serving of just the base [shrimp, onions, garlic, ginger, sauces] is around 200 calories per serving. It's perfect on steamed rice or noodles.

Wow thank you so much for this. I'm a lover of Asian dishes and stir fries but I'm just now learning how to make them myself!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    xvolution wrote: »

Wow thank you so much for this. I'm a lover of Asian dishes and stir fries but I'm just now learning how to make them myself!

You can add other spices as well if wanted, though the soy sauce and hoisin sauce should be enough [the soy adds a bit of a salty flavor and the hoisin a hint of a sweet one]. I usually add 1 Tbsp hot chili paste to mine to give it a bit of a firey kick.