Interesting food podcasts?

Options
CooCooPuff
CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
I read cooked a few months ago and can't get enough. I have fun cooking and like living vicariously through some of tbe people I listen to. I'm always looking for books at thrift stores or download sites but desperately need more food and cooking podcasts. I always need more to listen to for work, house cleaning and cooking, and working out

Currently listening to:
America's Test Kitchen Radio- My favorite, these guys have a great mashed potatoes recipe and have the most interesting podcast overall.
Taste of the Past
Cooking Issues- I listen to this more for fun than anything
The Sporkful

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I like the BBCs Food Programme.
  • meunse01
    meunse01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like the Nutrition Diva's Quick and Dirty Tips podcast.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Spilled Milk, it's comedy and mostly daft, but the hosts are both food writers and talk knowledgeably about cookbooks, recipes, food trends etc. A mix of recipe tryouts and junk food taste tests, good fun.

Splendid Table is also good, and Gastropod. For an archive podcast I liked Miso Hungry, it's not being made any more but the whole archive is available to listen through.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Not going to be for everyone, but Doughboys. Two comedy writers and a guest (also usually another comedian) visit a chain restaurant then rate it.
    Strong language, can be raunchy, etc. if you're cool with that. Also occasionally makes me want to eat at chain and fast food restaurants, which isn't really what I'm going for.
  • Rabbitsocksgardener
    Rabbitsocksgardener Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The Alton Browncast. So good. Also I love A Taste of the Past! Where do you find/listen to your podcasts?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The Alton Browncast. So good. Also I love A Taste of the Past! Where do you find/listen to your podcasts?
    Stitcher recommends new podcasts from time to time!
    I'm a fan of Spilled Milk, it's comedy and mostly daft, but the hosts are both food writers and talk knowledgeably about cookbooks, recipes, food trends etc. A mix of recipe tryouts and junk food taste tests, good fun.

Splendid Table is also good, and Gastropod. For an archive podcast I liked Miso Hungry, it's not being made any more but the whole archive is available to listen through.
    I found started listening to Burnt Toast, which I really like. They were linked through Itunes where I also saw Spilled Milk. Downloaded an episode of it, but the voices just killed me. I shut off after less than five minutes.

I'll definitely give everything else a download.